Can't spend my paypal balance, withdraw funds, and "You have an account alert" notification

rawrsuli
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

So I'm pretty new to PayPal. I do freelance design and my "company" isn't legally registered because hey, I'm just a freelancer. My business name is just a way for me to sound professional. I had completed around 20 commission or so and I have collected over 1,000 USD on my account just in the span of 2 weeks, which maybe is one of the cause why I have trouble with my account.

I was able to spend around 25 USD and was able to withdraw funds just a week ago but now whenever I want to make a transaction with an online vendor, PayPal always denied my payment. Is there something wrong with my account? Did it got limited? 

There's also this notification which said;

"Action required: Provide information. We need to collect information about your organisation for regulatory reasons. It will only take a few minutes. Please provide this information before Apr 22, 2020."

I have completed all of the necessary details for my business but the notification kept appearing no matter what. Is this normal? I've searched the forum but none of them really helped, and I can't contact customer service due to this pandemic.

I'm quite worried that my account will be closed down due to some absurd reason (like repeated failed transaction or abnormal income in the span of a week). Will my account be safe? Can I eventually use my PayPal balance to purchase something or withdraw my funds after April 22, or is there something that I missed? I would appreciate any kind of reply because I'm getting a bit desperate for info here.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @rawrsuli

Normally, we will include the limitatios or things that you cannot do if you're account got restricted. If you don't see that list of things you cannot do then you should be fine and you can still use it. However, in few more months or days, you might receive another heavier limitations. Since you are  freelancer, I would recommend that you use a regular or personal account as business account is highly effective for customer who has registered business. You can contact customer support to downgrade this account into a personal. Our Customer service on the phone is limited, please reach out to our Customer Service on Facebook or Twitter. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

ssummersVillage
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @rawrsuli,

I do apologize for the difficulties you've had with trying to withdraw your funds.

Our internal security system may have stopped the payment you're trying to withdraw from your account.

To provide one of the safest online payment services our internal security system reviews every payment before it's approved. Occasionally, we must stop a payment. This is similar to the way most banks and card companies work. When a payment is stopped, it's not a reflection of you or your account activities, but rather we've noticed a pattern associated with higher-than-normal risk.

Click here for some things you can do to help improve the chances of successful payments.

Login to Me Too

rawrsuli
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @ssummersVillage,Thank you  for your reply.

How about the business information? I have filled all of the necessary details for my business but the notification kept appearing no matter what. Is this normal? Will I still be able to use my account after the said date even though the notification still persists?

Login to Me Too
Solved

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @rawrsuli

Normally, we will include the limitatios or things that you cannot do if you're account got restricted. If you don't see that list of things you cannot do then you should be fine and you can still use it. However, in few more months or days, you might receive another heavier limitations. Since you are  freelancer, I would recommend that you use a regular or personal account as business account is highly effective for customer who has registered business. You can contact customer support to downgrade this account into a personal. Our Customer service on the phone is limited, please reach out to our Customer Service on Facebook or Twitter. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter

Hope this helps! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.