Can't seem to dispute as a seller - how do I challenge this transaction issue?

christiecro
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a Playstation gift card on ebay. The buyer emailed me asking for the code sent electronically, so he could use it that weekend, instead of mailing it. Then I got an email saying "my kid got into my account - not sure what he was buying." Then I replied I could refund, but then he said, "No, this is the parent, and I'm just going to make him pay me back, so send the code, it's fine."

I sent the code. Took a picture of it unused, then scratched off. Emailed it.  

Two weeks later, Paypal contacts me with a disputed transaction, buyer saying he was hacked. I sent paypal pics of ALL the emails between us, via ebay.

Paypal found in favor of the buyer. So now I have a USED gift card, and had to refund him the total amount. On top of it, today I got a "GREAT SELLER!" feedback notification from this buyer on ebay. ???????

I called paypal, and then said I could start a dispute. When I did, paypal automatic response was since it was for money I already received, I can't start a dispute. Where does this leave me?  I feel very scammed - but at a loss as to what to do.

Any opinions are appreciated! Chris

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.