Can't report fraudulent charge (3ND97869FK6807711)

alvo----
Contributor
Contributor

I have a $420 pending charge made in Arcadia CA. Not only have I never been to Arcadia, I'm currently physically in the Philippines. I tried to call, but was informed to do it on the website. Hold time to talk to  someone was 42 minutes, and I don't have enough money on my phone to hold internationally anywhere near that length of time.

I logged into my account and went to Resolution Center > Report Problem > Select Transaction > Continue > and got a series of issues to choose from, all with unselectable radio buttons. Tried reloading the page. Still not selectable. Backed out and went through everything again. Still not selectable. 

Changed from Chrome to Safari. Can't login without a security code. Get code; doesn't work. Get another code; doesn't work. Get a third code, a fourth code, a fifth code. None of them work. Then can't even get to the generate code page. Can't log in at all. 

Follow the Contact Us link and decide to send an email. Can't do that without logging in. Fortunately I had a Chrome browser window open, so was able to compose an email in that. However sending the email through PayPal failed.

So now I'm turning to this forum. It was a challenge to find the Post link (PayPal ever try useability testing?) but finally clicked on enough things and found it.

So how does one report a fraudulent Transaction?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alvo----

If you are in the Phillipines then why does your profile say US?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @alvo----,

I'm sorry to hear about the unrecognized transaction. I'm also sorry to hear that you've been unable to successfully log in to the PayPal website. Since calling is not an option while you're travelling, I would suggest reaching out to support via Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.