Can't get my account verified nor speak with a rep

Charliecr1984
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I opened an account, they are asking me to send paperwork that I dont have in my country (they are non-existant), been trying to speak with someone but no emails are being answered nor phonecalls so not sure how to proceed.

any tips?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Charliecr1984 

You have a U.S business account so what documents would a U.S company send to a U.S paypal account holder living in the U.S not have?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Charliecr1984
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

that's the whole issue, I'm not a USA based business... this is why I needed to speak to an agent, so they can set my account out of the USA and I can send them paperwork from MY country...

but it's simply impossible to get someone on the line, no matter what time or day I call in, I only get an automated service, not a real agent.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Charliecr1984 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You can't use another countries Paypal account, it would never work for you, and its against paypal rules to do so.

You also can't 'change' countries on a country specific paypal account.

You need to close that account if you can and open one in your own country if paypal is supported there.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Charliecr1984
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

I understand that, and in fact the right country was selected but for some reason it was added as a USA account (unfortunately not the first time that happens).

A paypal agent can actually change the account to the correct country and the whole issue will be resolved, hence my need to speak to a live representative.

As mentioned above this has happened in the past and was resolved swiftly with the help of a paypal agent.

Once again and I believe it's due to COVID19, I'm unable to reach an agent at this moment and fix the mentioned problem.

PS: The account currently has funds which closing it and just opening a new one isn't an option.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Charliecr1984 

Nope an agent cannot change the country for you, they would tell you the same thing that I have done and that is you can't use that account and would have to open one in your own country.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.