Can't file a dispute

Li3byx
Contributor
Contributor
I tried to purchase a bike for my son for Xmas. When I paid for it from my bank account, another name different from the company came up. I did some research, called the phone#.and its a scam. I immediately tried to call PayPal and NOTHING!!!, I WAS ON HOLD FOR 45 MIN.BEFORE THEY HUNG UP. when I look at my transactions, it says authorized which I have never seen before. I feel so stupid and sick to my stomach. I used to enjoy PayPal but not now. I can't believe I can not talk to a person!!! I pray this person doesn't have my bank account #. I dont know what to do. My bank said to wait and see if my account gets charged. I absolutely HATE PayPal now since I can't talk to a human. I cant believe a fraudulent purchase was able to get past paypal.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Li3byx 

Sorry but you choose your sellers not paypal !!!

Paypal covers you for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described, the rest is up to you to risk assess your transactions.

Paypal aren't an insurance company, they are a payment processor that gives you 'some' buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Li3byx
Contributor
Contributor
Im sure I won't be receiving the item so paypal will have to cover that. Paypal should be smarter in detecting fraudulent sellers. The fact that you can't get through to any human is unacceptable. Poor customer care!!
Login to Me Too

Li3byx
Contributor
Contributor
Besides the fact, the site looked completely legit, when I paid, the name changed, that's when I got suspicious
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Li3byx 

Bet they were one of these........

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.