Can't confirm bank card, thus my account is limited.

Hensman
Contributor
Contributor

I got some money sent to my PayPal, and needed to confirm a few bits of information. Like proof of address, identity and bank card. All good, I got the first two done, and sent the payment to receive a four digit code to confirm my bank card. I input the four digit code, but I still have a message saying I need to confirm my bank card. My account is still limited, and the process seems to be frozen in place.

When I click on my notifications, I see the message.

Then I get redirected to my PayPal wallet, where my bank card is listed.

Still, there's no place to input the four digit code, nor receive a new one.

I'm at a loss. Maybe I'm missing something?

Anyone else experience the same issue?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hensman 

As you haven't said what card type you are adding or what country you are in then sorry can't advise.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hensman
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, VISA card. And I'm in Norway at the moment.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hensman 

In Norway at the moment?

If so then are you using a Norwegian paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Hensman
Contributor
Contributor

To the best of my knowledge at least. I opened the account quite some years ago. It's possible I opened it when I was abroad, but all the information I input was Norwegian. Nationality, address and so on. The only thing that isn't Norwegian is that I deal mostly in EUR and not NOK.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hensman 

Click on the cog icon next to log out and look down the left side of that page. Next to nationality what does it say?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Hensman
Contributor
Contributor

Hey,

It says Nationality: Norway.

The verified address is also in Norway.

However, I did try to link a bank instead of a credit card. It only accepts Hungarian Forint, maybe because I was in Hungary I was when I created the account? Though the linked credit card belongs to a Norwegian bank, and has worked in the past.

Does PayPal make the account based on information given, or based on location at the time of creation?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hensman 

Normally it defaults back to the country you are in when you open your paypal account.

A credit card is the only thing you can add from another country as long as you have changed the billing address to the country you are now in. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Hensman
Contributor
Contributor
Fair enough, but I still can't confirm my card. My bank did accept the charge, and gave me the 4 digit code which PayPal also accepted, but the notification is still there and I can't withdraw money. If it gave me any options, or an error message, that would make sense, but I'm simply left without options.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.