Can’t close account because of account limitations, please help

kathleenb
New Community Member
Hi there, I have had this problem with PayPal for a long time now and I hope it can be resolved. I made this account a long time ago with an email that I still currently use (professionally now as well) and I didn’t have a bank account back then so I used my mom’s name for this PayPal account. We never connected her card with this account and just left it as it is. Now, several years later, I now have a bank account of my own and wish to make a new PayPal account so I can connect it there, but my email is still linked with this old account. I tried to change the name under this account but I can’t change no more than two characters. I can’t replace the email address linked to this account either. I can’t deactivate this account as well cause of limitations (I need to confirm a bank statement but I’ve never linked a card to this account) I’ve also tried messaging customer support, but it seems like they’re not fully reading my messages because they’re giving me basic solutions that I can just search up online. I was hoping that there would be a way to just override the account and just deactivate it (since no cards were linked anyways and I’ve never used it) or to change my name so I can link my own bank account. If you guys have any solutions or can help me with my situation please leave a message! Thank you so much!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kathleenb 

If it was a permanent ban then paypal limit instead of closing your paypal account to stop you using that email address or linked financial info on another paypal account against their rules.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.