Can't claim money

LydEnt
Contributor
Contributor

I was sent money a few weeks ago for babysitting and when I received the money through paypal it gave me the option to claim it. However, once I tried to claim it it made me send my SSN and other information. After a while of not hearing anything from paypal I logged on and it said that my account was limited because I'm not 18 (I'm 17). I didn't realize I had to be 18 when I made my account, which is my mistake. I called to see how I could get the 40 dollars out since It wont let me do anything with it and the person tells me that they'll send me an email on how to withdraw my money. It didn't really help because the 40 dollars isn't claimed yet and I don't have any other money in my account. It won't let me keep the money in paypal because my account is limited but I tried to transfer it to my bank and it keeps denying it. The sender isn't able to take back the 40 dollars either. What can I do? I really need the money and I've tried everything.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LydEnt

You'll have to refund the money. Locate the payment transaction in your account activity, click it, then click "Refund this payment".  Then get paid another way, (ie. in person).

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.