Can't add additional evidence to dispute which has been escalated to paypal

jadefyfe
Contributor
Contributor

I've recently escalated a claim to the resolution centre as myself and the buyer could not come to an agreement. I submitted 2 pictures of evidence that the buyer provided me with and am now unable to upload my evidence that the product was in pristine condition. I've emailed but had no reply. On the dispute the only option I can see is to refund the buyer which I'm not prepared to do as the product was brand new at the point of sale and I have proof of this..

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jadefyfe 

You can only upload information to a claim if paypal request it.

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute its always one persons word against anothers. 

As paypal never see the item then they tend to favour the buyer but the buyer has to return the item back to you first before you have to refund.

If paypal don't find in the buyers favour then the buyer still has the right to return the goods within a certain period of time under the sale of goods act and if you don't refund they can take you to the small claims court.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jadefyfe 

You can only upload information to a claim if paypal request it.

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute its always one persons word against anothers. 

As paypal never see the item then they tend to favour the buyer but the buyer has to return the item back to you first before you have to refund.

If paypal don't find in the buyers favour then the buyer still has the right to return the goods within a certain period of time under the sale of goods act and if you don't refund they can take you to the small claims court.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.