Can't Report A Problem

checom2493
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone so I paid someone who I thought was my friend $25 to color me a drawing which was back on February 25th. It is now April 16th and they still haven't given me my drawing, nor have they even provided a sketch/preview of what I paid her for. Basically she has admitted to scamming me and blocked me on social media saying she won't give me a refund. This is unfair and quite honestly disgusting. I came here a few days ago not knowing how to take care of the situation because the "Report a problem" button dint appear under her transaction so I desperately clicked on the only valid option at the time which was "Unauthorized action." Basically PayPal deemed it was a valid transaction and that nothing fishy went on which is true but I made a mistake doing that. Later after searching online I found out I had to go to the Resolution Center and manually report the problem. Before I decide to proceed, it alerts me saying "There is an open dispute associated with this transaction" even though it was resolved in one day and the status remains closed. Regardless when I do proceed, I get a error messaging saying "Let's try that again - looks like something went wrong on our end." 

transcation screenshot.png

So when I ask the PayPal Virtual Agent to check on my dispute status, it tells me "Our apologies but messages are currently unavailable" and closes??? Very strange. And I can't call because of the coronavirus pandemic going on. So what exactly can I do about this? Please help thank you

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @checom2493 thank you for reaching out to PayPal Community Forum. I apologize if you had encountered this kind of friendly scam. Alright! you opened a dispute stating that was unauthorized activity,then most likely PayPal would just close that after the sytem traced and checked the IP address was just the same. Hence,it was a valid and authorized transaction as you admitted it and 100% aware about that payment. Right know you are having trouble reporting it on the Resolution Center,any closed case cannot be reopened. I suggest please contact us directly by sending a private message and kindly provide your existing Case Id related to the transaction that you have problem with. Please bear with us as we are receiving high volume of emails or inquiries but rest assured once you've reached a customer service,he/she will assist you further. The customer service representative will reopen your existing case with the correct reason from Unauthorized Activity to Item/service not received. Please keep in mind that payment for goods and services are eligible for PayPal Purchase Protection NOT a personal payment. ***If this post or any other was helpful, you may enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.***Stay safe and take care.
Login to Me Too

checom2493
Contributor
Contributor

@bellah_24  Greetings & thank you so much for your reply! I would be more than happy to continue with this issue but at the moment there is no way, that I know of, where I can reach you guys at. When I call the Customer Service number it says due to the pandemic, support through the phone is closed. And when I hit the Contact Us option it redirects me to the FAQ session saying to describe my problem instead, and when I do so it leads me to the Resolution Center. I'm not sure how else I am supposed to privately message someone from the PayPal team to further assist in this error.

Am I missing something? Is there an option I can't find? Or is it even possible to message you somehow?

Again thank you for taking the time out to response to my inquiry. Have a wonderful day & hopefully I hear back soon! 

Login to Me Too

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @checom2493 thanks for your immediate response. I apologize if you were not able to speak with a customer service but you are correct due to Covid19 our phone lines are currently closed until further notice. You were on the right page of "Contact Us" I suggest don't go on the what's the issue portion because you'll be directed ONLY to the most helpful article or FAQ that can give you more information on how to resolve the issue. Normally,there's Call Us,Email Us,Resolution Center,Community Help,Message Center via Chat it really depends on the available options.In regards to your concern only a customer service can reopen your case. Just please provide the case id and just tell her/him that you still haven't received the item and you have no way to contact the seller. If this post or any other was helpful, you may enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.Stay safe and take care.
Login to Me Too

pollytrickett52
New Community Member

I've tried several times to report unauthorised activity through the Paypal site, but it just never works.  I've reported it as an issue, but when look in the open transactions, that's empty.

It's absolutely not good enough.  A Chinese company has taken unauthorised money from my account, in USD, and I can't get Paypal to respond.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.