Can’t Close Account

ShyneeZ
Contributor
Contributor
Hello There, Unfortunately I have PayPal Limitation Account before like 2 weeks and the reason is I know after calling one of the paypal customers: My Name is wrong written and that’s why my account is limited, I’m 16 years old so I had to go to the bank with my parents and unfortunately they couldn’t help me with anything, they just advised me to make a new account with one of parents name, so When I tried to close the account it didn’t work cus the account is limited.. Also tried to remove the bank account but no it didn’t work... Is there’s any way to close my account even if it is limited? I was planning to open a new account with one of my parents name and with their Bank Account.. But after seeing this I was very lost and couldn’t find any solution.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShyneeZ 

When you turn 18 paypal may allow you to open a new account BUT you would need to check with customer services first.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShyneeZ 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will be subject to sending and receiving limits.
When you reach those limits you will be unable to verify your account so your account would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you won’t have any recourse to get your money back.
Consider what your goals are in the long-term so that you don’t back yourself into a corner.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ShyneeZ
Contributor
Contributor
The only thing that I did wrong Is I used my name instead My mother’s name, The Birth date + bank account name and all other things goes back to my mother’s informations. My Question is: Is there’s any way to remove this account and make a new one with the new information instead my own name?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShyneeZ 

You have broken more than one paypal rule so no it was not the 'only' thing you did wrong.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ShyneeZ
Contributor
Contributor
Sir I’m only trying to use PayPal in future.. I will be honest, been using it for like 5-6 months and it’s confusing me that now my account got limited? So that’s mean no chance using paypal again right?
Login to Me Too

ShyneeZ
Contributor
Contributor
That means *
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShyneeZ 

When you turn 18 paypal may allow you to open a new account BUT you would need to check with customer services first.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ShyneeZ
Contributor
Contributor
If I call the PayPal Help center will they help me? I really need to use paypal again...
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShyneeZ 

Yes they will help you, when you are 18.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.