Can someone help me regarding a dispute

Carole207
Contributor
Contributor

I did not receive items which were ordered as part of a fundraising site.  I filed a dispute.  The seller contacted me on my personal email (not through paypal) and said if I withdrawal the dispute, they will fix it.  Should I proceed that way or do I lose protection by proceeding that way?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @Carole207 

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Please do NOT close your case until it's resolved because you can no longer re-open it by all means. A seller should be able to issue a refund while the case is open.

I also wanted to take this opportunity to advise you that you only have 20 calendar days to escalate the dispute to a claim, otherwise it will automatically close in seller's favor. You will be able to escalate the case anytime within 20 days, if haven't been escalated.

For reference, please see below.

What's the difference between a dispute and a claim? 

How do I escalate a dispute to a claim? 

Note: Links provided above are specific for US accounts and you may have a different process to follow if located outside the US.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Carole207
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.