Can paypal take away your money if you break their rules

kristupas2001
Contributor
Contributor

I created paypal when I was under 18 and they asked me to confirm my identity. If I send them my documents when I turn 18, they can see that I used paypal when I was under age, and I broke their rules, because of that, can they legally take away your money, or ban you?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

XB6783746
New Community Member

I don't think they can, the onus is upon PayPal to verify your age to operate the account by the same financial laws as banks do, so if you send them your ID and they would simply suspend/close the account, and freeze/return all funds and reverse any transaction pending until you turn 18 or a legal Guardian/parent acts in your behalf. I, sure they just can't take you money and keep it that would be regarded as stealing, and I am pretty sure PP Europe wouldn't do that.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

XB6783746
New Community Member

I don't think they can, the onus is upon PayPal to verify your age to operate the account by the same financial laws as banks do, so if you send them your ID and they would simply suspend/close the account, and freeze/return all funds and reverse any transaction pending until you turn 18 or a legal Guardian/parent acts in your behalf. I, sure they just can't take you money and keep it that would be regarded as stealing, and I am pretty sure PP Europe wouldn't do that.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.