Can i renfund my money after the closing dispute?

milos95
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone. I have big problem about refunding my money. In 6 august i ordered Pioneer dj controller from ebay, which we agreed after i sent him 350 euros, hetold me he sent it, but after few days, i asked the seller to sent me a tracking number, and he didnt want to answer me after that, i tried few times to contact him for shipping. He told me that he sent it with DHL from Germany to Czech Republic which i live here, and i asked DHL how long does it take to be at my adress they say 10 buisness days, and today is 15 buisness days ago, and still didnt recive controller, neither the seller doesnt answer on my questions. Today i asked again and he blocked me. And after few days from date i ordered the controller, i opened the dipute for refund my money i sent to him, because i didnt trust him, and after the opening the dispute, he told me that he sent it, even he didnt sent me tracking number, and i belived him, so i waited till today, and in the end i lost 350 euros money and didnt recive controller i orederd from him. Can someone please tell me what to do now? How can i get back my money from him?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@milos95 

You opened a dispute, which reason did you choose?

Did you escalate it to a claim?

Did you close it before escalating to a claim?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

milos95
Contributor
Contributor

I openetd the dispute because i was afraid that in that date i was think he is fake seller, and i asked him before i open dispute for refund, that he sent me a proof of shipping adress that he sent it,but he didnt, after i opened dispute we discuss and in the end i belived that he sent it and i close dispute. Now in the end i was right that he is in the end fake seller and i tried to back my money, but really dont know what to do next? This is the first time i get scammed

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@milos95 

I asked which dispute you opened, was it non receipt / not as described or unauthorised ???

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

milos95
Contributor
Contributor

unauthorised 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@milos95 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say you made a mistake then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.