Can i Open a non recieved delivery.

Alfie82
Contributor
Contributor

Hi i purchased a satisfye gaming grip for a lot of money now royal mail are holding my package hostage for 21 days without release unless i pay a further £17 before returning to sender. Can i open a not as decribed or a non received delivery for an item which in my eyes did not clearly state import fees or never heard of tax and duty before and is waiting at the dispatch office for duty payments to be made and i have to wait 21 days for the package to be returned which will take another 15 days before i recieve a refund minus the delivery cost.

so it only had delivery cheak boxes i ticked epacket hk $13.65 then in smaller print underneath it mentioned duty and tax to be paid upon recieving estimate $12 and tax and handling fees may apply.

to my defence though i thought that was a generic term attached to everything from over sees and did not apply in the uk.

but unfortunatly now anything over £15 we have to pay import duty and tax.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alfie82 

Have you never been on holiday and arrived back in the UK and gone through CUSTOMS for anything you have bought to be DECLARED?

Well its no different if you bring it personally OR import it via the post, if its something that is subject to import tax then its you that pays it.

Its not the sellers problem or fault so why should they lose out? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alfie82 

Have you never been on holiday and arrived back in the UK and gone through CUSTOMS for anything you have bought to be DECLARED?

Well its no different if you bring it personally OR import it via the post, if its something that is subject to import tax then its you that pays it.

Its not the sellers problem or fault so why should they lose out? 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Alfie82
Contributor
Contributor

No i stick to the rules, but i see your point, waiting 35 days for a refund though also not the sellers fault i know, 35 days though Not ideal.

Login to Me Too

Alfie82
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for keeping my morals cheaked, i paid The duty Lesson learned.

Import duty tax and handling fees now have to be paid on orders £15 and over at 35% outside of the uk.
I learned the hard way as usual, a reasonable deal soon turned out Bad. Not happy lol

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alfie82 

I don't think teaching you morals was the point of my post.

I was explaining why you got import tax by using the holiday airport example, but whatever.

Think paying the taxes will affect purchases from Europe as well now the UK is out of the EU?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ford5000
Contributor
Contributor

never been nowhere

Login to Me Too

ford5000
Contributor
Contributor

ont want refund need the can opener

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.