Can anyone explain this..

missphotog
Contributor
Contributor
I'm so lost and frustrated. I only had 44 cents into my account but I got a text from paypal this morning saying I had $1.44 available after a purchase of $40.51 had been made (when I didn't make the purchase) but it doesn't say where the purchase was from which it always does. Then I got a second text saying *a hold for $40.51 has been placed on your account* and then a third text that said *$40.51 of a hold has been released by null* How is any of this possible when I only had 44 cents in my account? This definitely sounds like someone stole my card information but I only use virtual cards so I'm not sure how that would've happened? Plus yesterday I got a weird refund from chewy saying they refunded me 33 cents but when I contacted them they said they never refunded me. Can anyone tell me what's going on and what I should do?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Celeste

Hi @missphotog,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this trouble, this sounds concerning. If you've noticed an  unauthorized transaction on your account, I'd recommend reviewing this Help Center article on How to Report Potential Unauthorized  Transactions to PayPal. For further assistance with your account, I'd also recommend contacting us by selecting "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

Thanks,

- Celeste S. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.