Can PayPal take money out of your account?

WaddahM
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I sold an account for $300 and the buyer doesn't like what he received although it was stated in the description that he was going to get it and he knew what he was buying and still purchased. I am worried that he will dispute, and I will go negative. If he disputes, will they take money out of my bank account to refund to him? I don't have money and don't want to go negative on my bank account. What if he disputes through his bank? Can PayPal or his bank take the money back somehow? The money is transferred to my bank account through PayPal.

He also stated that he wasn't going to give me my account back and that he's going to dispute to get his money!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Manny171
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@WaddahM

Uh oh!! your in a world of Trouble here

do you have a Policy? that protects you?

$300 is a lot of money & yes it's 100% Possible that your going to end up owing him & will go Negative of $300 that you will owe the Bank & Paypal

you won't owe two Banks but you will owe your BANK I'm talking the Bank you Linked Paypal with if he Disputes your money will get frozen but there is another Possibility that you can Protect yourself but your Money $$ will be placed on Hold from Paypal & your Bank till He the (Buyer) returns your Digital Property back if he wants his $300 both of you have to work this with the BANKS being in the Middle especially if you guys are fighting over the money & the Digital work that you did.

another thing is you have to create a Policy that will protect you because if next time you have a buyer say that lives down your street for example can take you to a small claims court like (Judge Judy)😂 & can argue there case against you for $300 plus court cost & maybe that person can get even more money if they say that your Digital website cause them depression 😂 & now your $300 debt? turns into a $5,000 just because you did not protect yourself.

so right now? don't (REFUND) his money go through the Banks in fact don't do anything on your end let him file the complaint if he does not? & time passes say 2 weeks? you can argue the case & say he could have been using the Digital media thing you created & is making money or whatever & is trying to free load off of it. so you can win the claim you can win but keep record of everything do everything the (HONEST) Way if you cheat? life is Karma & she will get you I never Lie & I tell my kids not to lie to me I always find out.

so don't (REFUND) & don't talk on the Phone everything should be on written Email & make a Policy that's something I can't do for you but you have to make the Policy fair for you & the Buyer. just be Fair & it will work out.

right now the Buyer has to file his complaint but the more time passes by? that means He or She is using your work & has a worse chance in getting there money back. & in fact the (Buyer) made a big mistake in the 1st place especially if you showed a sample of the work & they liked it & paid $300 & now want there money back? that don't make sense & they want to keep the work? make sure that the digital work you did? can't be Duplicated? if when returned. if that happens? you can Sue for 50% of what he or she has been making if they stole the copy of your work.

if they make for example $1 Million Dollars & you recognize the work you can sue for $500,000k especially they don't own the rights to it.

Hope all works out & Good luck you might end up winning that $300 

Login to Me Too

WaddahM
Contributor
Contributor
So you’re saying PayPal can just take money out of your bank account without any consent? What if I unlink my bank account? I really can’t afford to go negative due to him changing his mind about buying, he also sent using friends and family.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.