Can I reopen a dispute?

Itsme00
Contributor
Contributor
I received an item that did not match the description. Item ended up coming from China. Which I didn't know till payment was made. Stupid me. Made a dispute but PayPal closes it it sellers favor.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Itsme00 

Hope you are safe in this time of crisis.  Based on my understanding is that you finally received the item you order but its not as described and that case was closed.   Well first, sorry to hear that but does not stop there, you can definitely ask for the reopening of the case to our customer service representative and file an appeal  as "Significantly not as Described" reason since it was a totally different.  However due to this pandemic (COVID19) that we are all experiencing right now, the only means to communicate with them is via Chat. How does it works? Customer must login to their PayPal account and go to their Message Center wherein they can find the Chat Support option in which they can interact with our customer service representative as they have the capacity to view your account. If you prefer to email us,you may visit our website and below our page there is an option "Contact Us" please click that and you will be routed to 'Contact Customer Service' page, from the options shown click Email us, then select a topic and subtopic before typing your message. There should also be available option to connect to a live chat agent and, or you may also consider contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. Hope i was able to assists you. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful. please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Itsme00 

Hope you are safe in this time of crisis.  Based on my understanding is that you finally received the item you order but its not as described and that case was closed.   Well first, sorry to hear that but does not stop there, you can definitely ask for the reopening of the case to our customer service representative and file an appeal  as "Significantly not as Described" reason since it was a totally different.  However due to this pandemic (COVID19) that we are all experiencing right now, the only means to communicate with them is via Chat. How does it works? Customer must login to their PayPal account and go to their Message Center wherein they can find the Chat Support option in which they can interact with our customer service representative as they have the capacity to view your account. If you prefer to email us,you may visit our website and below our page there is an option "Contact Us" please click that and you will be routed to 'Contact Customer Service' page, from the options shown click Email us, then select a topic and subtopic before typing your message. There should also be available option to connect to a live chat agent and, or you may also consider contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. Hope i was able to assists you. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful. please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

heretoresolve
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem but a different case, this time I am sure of not receiving any items I purchased because I just found out that the merchant seller is a scammer. I'm hearing disabled and cannot reach customer service due to Covid19 crisis. I hope to seek help for this before it is too late. 😞

Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @heretoresolve 

Hope you are safe.  I'm sorry to here that you were not able to still received the item you had purchased.  Well you file a dispute via Resolution Center this link might helpful https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/i-didn%E2%80%99t-receive-the-item-i-purchased-or-it%E2%8...  and if case you want to get hold of our customer service they can only be contacted via chat.  How does it works? Customer must login to their PayPal account and go to their Message Center wherein they can find the Chat Support option in which they can interact with our customer service representative as they have the capacity to view your account. If you prefer to email us,you may visit our website and below our page there is an option "Contact Us" please click that and you will be routed to 'Contact Customer Service' page, from the options shown click Email us, then select a topic and subtopic before typing your message. There should also be available option to connect to a live chat agent and, or you may also consider contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

heretoresolve
Contributor
Contributor

I need help from Paypal and the community in resolving my case with a scammer. Unfortunately, it is my first time to report a dispute, 

I filed as "unauthorized transaction" but actually it is to file "not being able to receive the item" and that seller has not return any responses regarding the shipment of my goods. 

I feel helpless that Paypal would not look into this. Since the Case got closed automatically and that their customer service is unreachable now because of the Covid-19 crisis situation. I have purchased with the total of $19.98 x 6 transactions = $119.88. I can provide screenshots to prove my case. 

I saw this shop through facebook then it lead me to the website opting me to pay through paypal express with my credit card. As you can see the website and the website has the name  "Lingc.Youp" that is registered to the scammer's account in Paypal. I have also read and confirmed reviews and reports that the website is a scam newly registered last March 2020.

Website you can see is selling the scooter offering to ask buyers to purchase here through paypal express.
Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @heretoresolve 

Thank you the swift response.  I do feel your frustration and i'ved been in situation before. No worries as we got your back on this.  Please try to reach out to customer service on the option i mentioned awhile ago which is via Chat.  If in case you were not able to get hold of a customer representative via chat then send us an email. You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

Note: There's a slim chance to get a timely response as we are in skeletal staff due to emergency.  If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

sheppardecd
New Community Member

@Itsme00 Me three. I will be reporting a certain business to the better business bureau. once upon a time, if you opened a dispute against a seller their account was placed on hold until they responded and/or resolved it. Which caused them to respond/resolve sooner. Truthfully why does paypal need for ME to escalate the issue? if the vendor hasn't responded in 2-3 days, that should be an automatic escalation. I'll stick to being a seller on paypal for now. 

Login to Me Too

alexmz78
Contributor
Contributor

Same here.  I found out, sadly, that Paypal will make NO effort in investigating fraud and take the side of the sellers.  What sellers are doing now is steal tracking numbers so they appear legitimate (they are technically legitimate because they are someone else's).  They post the number in the transaction and Paypal says that you got the order, even though even the shipping service (in my case UPS) confirmed that the tracking number was not for me or my address.   Paypal did not care

Login to Me Too

sinsani
New Community Member

I had a recent bad experience going through dispute resolution (as a buyer) with Paypal. Encountered a "bait and switch" situation with an online bulk sms operator (found out after payment the seller is based in Indonesia and under a totally different name from the online persona). Anyway, cut long story short here is a brief summary of what transpired:

1. Merchant offered a trial account for its service. I signed up and tested the service using the trial account. Service performed as expected (SMS message sent promptly and reliably)

2. Satisfied, I topped up the account with real credit via Paypal. Once account topped up with real credit, service stopped working!

3. Contacted merchant's online/chat support. Support tried to upsell me to a higher priced service (note: I tested using the lower priced service during trial and it worked well).

4. I refused to buy the higher priced service. Support then reminded me of Terms and Condition and limitation of performance of the service I purchased (basically they claimed the service I purchased only offered 60-70% success rate!!!). When I checked, the T&C was spelt out in the payment receipt email! I double checked and nowhere could I find that mentioned in the merchant's website and FAQ pages.

5. When I was adamant not to upgrade, Support started insinuating that I was trying to use their SMS service for fraudulent activities and the merchant does not want me as a customer! I got support to confirm they will give me a refund (and captured a screenshot of the chat).

6. Subsequently I opened a dispute with Paypal with the reason "Service Not as Described". After weeks, and after providing all supporting information + screenshots (including the part where merchant promised me refund), Paypal abruptly closed the case with "case resolved". 

Attempts to contact Paypal for a redress on this case was futile.

Luckily the paypal transaction is using my Visa credit card. I have raised my dispute with my card issuing bank and that appeared to be a hassle free process. At this time, based on the evidence I submitted, my card issuing bank has blocked the Paypal payment 🙂

Shame on Paypal on its dispute resolution process.

Kudos to my card issuing bank on its stress free dispute resolution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.