Can I go beyond a dispute that went against me?

jonywroten67
New Community Member

I bought a neck massager from a company called Royal Massage. They stated it shipped from the USA. It shipped from Australia. They item didn't work. I tried to deal with their customer service and got nothing in return. So I filed a claim with Paypal. The company agreed to refund IF I sent it back to Australia. So I package it up and head to my post office. The shipping to Australia is $200! So Now I can't get in touch with anyone at Paypal and my case closes. I think Paypal should have to cover the cost of the item. Paypal should not do business with fraudulent companies. Is there any higher levels totake a case?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jonywroten67 

Dispute the charge with your card issuer instead.

PayPal always asks buyers to return item if an item is not as described, for a refund if you escalate a dispute and they rule in your favor. PayPal does have a return shipping refund program but it covers up to $30.

Do research on a site/merchant before buying for reviews or stick with tried and true reputable merchants. A lot of these random sites do drop shipping and the sellers don't know the quality of the item and is shipped from a location different from their base of operation.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.