Can I get a refund for intangible services (Funky Huawei)?

s3rialthrill3r
Contributor
Contributor

For those of you who are unsure as to what this seller is all about:

https://funkyhuawei.club

I initially purchased this person's services so that I could unbrick my phone. I was having trouble making use of their 'eRecovery Method', so I emailed them on 17/11/18 and they responded immediately. I received 4 responses, but they were all minimal and stopped by 19/11/18. They didn't give much of an indication that they could or could assist. I gave it some time and emailed them again on 30/11/18.  Since then I haven't had much time to deal with unbricking my phone. Besides, I had a friend look at it recently and they managed to fix it. In any case, I have yet to receive a response from Funky Huawei regarding this matter to this very day.  

So, I thought, maybe I didn't waste my money because can I make use of the other services available, such as receiving a bootlocker unlock code and rebranding the phone. A bootlocker unlock code must be requested from Funky Huawei before the phone can be rebranded. Essentially, I can't do anything until the seller talks to me. 

Once again, I emailed them to request one on 28/11/18 and have yet to receive a response. I will give it some more time, but at this rate it looks like this person is ignoring me. I could understand if perhaps they were faced with exceptional circumstances during this time, but I'm pretty sure that they are still operating their business as I can still that new products have been introduced on their website.

Even though their website is plastered with the phrase, 'no refunds', do I have grounds to receive one through Paypal if the seller doesn't even make the effort to assist me in making use of the services they provide, especially services that depend upon the seller actually responding to the buyer?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@s3rialthrill3r

You can open a dispute for item received but not as described but as its a digital item you 'may' not win, all you can do is open one and see.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.