Can I cancel a payment that I made tonight that is on hold?

Julieb45
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased some concert tickets thru paypal from a private buyer tonight however the payment has left my account and is on hold their end. I am suspicious of them (after communicating further after I had sent the money). My question is cAn I cancel this Payment I am unable to phone paypal as they are closed. The seller advised me not to contact them and that the problem would resolve itself within 24 hours.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Julieb45,

If the payment is complete on your end, the seller should deliver the item. If the funds are held on their end, they would be held pending the delivery of the item to you, or 21 days (whichever happens first). They should not be waiting for the funds to be released to deliver your item.

The exception to this is if your payment does not say that it is completed. If it is an eCheck, it would still be pending on your side and the seller would hold the delivery until the eCheck clears.

If the seller is not delivering your item and is not cooperating with you, you can open a dispute. Once the dispute is open, make sure to escalate it to a claim within 20 days and do not close it for any reason unless the situation is resolved with the receipt of exactly the right item. A dispute or claim that is closed by the buyer cannot be reopened.

I hope this helps clarify!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.