Can I Dispute an Invoice Sent for Craigslist Purchase?

thursdaystgiles
Contributor
Contributor

I just want to make extra sure that I'm safe here. I can't tell if this person is trying to scam me, or just inexperienced using paypal. I found a mostly new xbox x series on Craigslist for $480. They purchased it, but then truck broke down and need money for that so are selling. Look, I get that it's an insane deal given how people are desperately trying to find it, so I'm a bit skeptic from the start. Second problem is their unwillingness to meet in person. The excuse however is safety around the xbox, and covid. So understandable. They sent an invoice that lists "Xbox Series X Video Game" which makes me concerned, because again, I don't know if it's just them not understanding how to write an invoice, if they'll then send me a video game instead of the game system, to avoid a dispute. So first, should I have them change the invoice so it says it's for "Xbox Series X Console 1TB" and once I do, will I be able to get my money back if I don't receive that exact item?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thursdaystgiles 

Way too many red flags there, I would not go ahead with that purchase.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thursdaystgiles 

Way too many red flags there, I would not go ahead with that purchase.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.