Calling paypal

dennis1983
Contributor
Contributor
Why is it the last five mins I have tried to call paypal to talk to a customer service rep I get a recording of someone speaking Spanish and then they hang up? I need to speak to a customer service rep!
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Allen2002

Are you calling the number provided by the ''HELP'' section and have a one off password?

Login to Me Too

dennis1983
Contributor
Contributor
Yes iam
Login to Me Too

Allen2002

Are you not using any VPN or proxy server?

Login to Me Too

dennis1983
Contributor
Contributor
What does that have to do with calling n with my issue?
Login to Me Too

Allen2002

Paypal gives you number to call by locating your IP, If you use a VPN the server might give misleading info to the paypal website. This happened to me once, I was using VPN and was given a number when I called the machine was speaking some language I have no clue about. Thought might help you

Login to Me Too

dennis1983
Contributor
Contributor
Yes that’s what happen to me but have called the same number b4 n never had it happen B4
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @dennis1983. Thanks for taking the time to post your concern here in the PayPal Community Forum. What you have described is definitely not the kind of experience PayPal wants for customers! I hope the following information is helpful.

Please log off from everything on your computer, delete the cookies and temporary internet files, and re-start your system before logging back on to your PayPal account and clicking Contact at the bottom of the screen. If the same thing happens after you obtain the phone number for the center that services your region and the one-time pass code to help with the automated phone system, please try logging out of your PayPal account, going back to https://www.paypal.com, and clicking Contact, then clicking Call Us and then, instead of logging on, clicking Call Us As A Guest. Please see what information is included on that page and if it provides an alternate phone number you can use.

If you continue to run into problems getting through on the phone, you may also send us a Facebook Private Message to receive assistance (click Send Message at https://www.facebook.com/paypalusa) or you may send a Direct Message via Twitter (to @AskPayPal).

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.