CS.CAREU -- BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!!

Lorac3
Contributor
Contributor

Want to warn everyone who sees pretty boots or shoes advertised on FB not to fall into the same trap I did. CS.CAREU charged me over $60 for a pair of boots, which looked lovely in the photograph. What I got, WEEKS after the indicated delivery date, was a pair of ugly boots in an attempt to copy something of much higher quality made out of VINYL and stinking of same. Just don't do it!! I can see from previous posts complaining of the exact same thing that Paypal will not do anything. I already filed a complaint as I had not received my in the indicated time frame. Hearing what others have experienced, I'm guessing I'll have to pay the 30 euro or more to ship the boots back and then only hope the company will reimburse my money. NEVER AGAIN!!! It should have occurred to me, first of all, to look exactly where the product was coming from. Besides that, I imagine some poor soul is making these "handmade boots" for a mere pittance. I'm so ashamed and furious.

Login to Me Too
86 REPLIES 86

Chul26
Contributor
Contributor

If any of you are still wondering what you can do about getting a refund when PayPal refuses to stand by their consumer protection policy - write your local attorney general's office to report the fraud committed against you.  Gather as much evidence as you can to submit with your complaint - pictures receipts for shipping - email correspondence from PayPal/seller.  I finally received a refund with the help of my local attorney general's office after month's of jumping through PayPal's hoops to get a refund only to have them close my case in favor of the seller.  I highly recommend that you DO NOT BUY ANYTHING THROUGH FACEBOOK !!!   Good Luck.

Login to Me Too

Kka1
New Community Member
I received the boots in a timely manner but they were not quality at all they are lighter than a pair of bedroom slippers and it looks like if I step in a puddle they're just going to fall off my feet definitely not warm winter boots like they claim. What a rip off of $40 I guess I'm stuck with them because there's no way to get any info to contact the company.
Login to Me Too

UnaLi
Contributor
Contributor
Same with me!!!
Login to Me Too

Kshagan1
New Community Member
Out $65.00 and **bleep** that paypal has not shut them down yet. Working on getting a refund due to not being as described now.
Login to Me Too

Free-Fall
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same is happening to me now. Boots took weeks to arrive, with excuses that the warehouse was busy, when they eventually showed up they were nowhere near as described, being made of cheap vinyl and rubber. The cost was £60 and it cost another £18 to send them back.

I opened a Paypal dispute and uploaded the tracking details as requested and it was estimated to be resolved a week ago. This morning I receive another email from Paypal asking me to upload the details, with an estimated resolution of a week's time.

This is just not good enough! The reason I have a Paypal account is to be able to easily resolve disputes like this, where the merchant is clearly a scammer. I find it very difficult to believe that Paypal are clueless as to what's going on - they're just raking in the fees.

Photo 10-01-2020, 16 36 26.jpg

advert.jpg

Login to Me Too

rodnclaudette
Contributor
Contributor

DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY;  PAYPAL ALSO WILL NOT HELP WITH THE ISSUE ...

On November 17th, I order 5 pairs of boots from this company - these were purchased for Christmas gifts.    I had not received them by mid December so I contacted the seller using the email provided  advising them that I hadn't received and was considering cancelling the order.   They responded on December 18th stating the order was shipped.   Grant it, my credit card was charged almost immediately.    I received the boots sometime towards the end of January and the quality was pathetic and cheap looking.   I contacted the seller to request information on how I return for a refund.   I was then offered a $5.00 refund; which I rejected.   They then responded suggested $10.00 refund; again I refused and then threatened social media action.   They responded today stating "Dear buyer,  We apologize for the later reply.  We also need to consider the cost of the items and the shipping fee which is very high.  The order is already unprofitable after partial refund".      

This is nothing but a big scam.   I warn anyone to NOT have any part of this company.   The product and service is something none of us need.   TOTAL SCAM.

Login to Me Too

LucyLou228
New Community Member

I fell into this company's trap as well. I am stuck with three CHEAP, stinky pairs of boots and PayPal will not help me get my money back. I am FURIOUS. 

Login to Me Too

Free-Fall
Contributor
Contributor
Well, after a lot of back and forth with Paypal and having the ticket re-opened each time it closed, I finally received a full refund on the shoddy boots (see my post from February) and also £15 of the £18 it cost to send them back. It wasn't easy but I got there in the end - so for all of you in the same boat, be persistent and don't give up.
Login to Me Too

Melrose7
Contributor
Contributor
Any advice for getting a refund? They said (FINALLY!!!) that I cld get a refund from the seller if I provided tracking information. Well I sent that (well before the due date) and they said I failed to submit the documents. I am soooooo frustrated!!! At this point I think we need to file a class action lawsuit. Paypal KNOWS this company is a scam and is doing NOTHING to help the consumers get their money back!!!
Login to Me Too

Vicsters
New Community Member
Report fraud to your credit card company!! They will give you a credit!! (My Visa did)!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.