CS.CAREU -- BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!!

Lorac3
Contributor
Contributor

Want to warn everyone who sees pretty boots or shoes advertised on FB not to fall into the same trap I did. CS.CAREU charged me over $60 for a pair of boots, which looked lovely in the photograph. What I got, WEEKS after the indicated delivery date, was a pair of ugly boots in an attempt to copy something of much higher quality made out of VINYL and stinking of same. Just don't do it!! I can see from previous posts complaining of the exact same thing that Paypal will not do anything. I already filed a complaint as I had not received my in the indicated time frame. Hearing what others have experienced, I'm guessing I'll have to pay the 30 euro or more to ship the boots back and then only hope the company will reimburse my money. NEVER AGAIN!!! It should have occurred to me, first of all, to look exactly where the product was coming from. Besides that, I imagine some poor soul is making these "handmade boots" for a mere pittance. I'm so ashamed and furious.

Login to Me Too
86 REPLIES 86

Lisapigs
New Community Member
I fell for it too!! I should have known, as they are on the Wish app as well. My PayPal acct is connected to my bank account, so I’m going to the bank tomorrow to report fraud. That will show the suckers!
Login to Me Too

Debdesigns
Contributor
Contributor
How did that work? I was planning to do the same thing tomorrow over the same fraudulent company.
Login to Me Too

Janetlea
New Community Member
How do I get a refund on my order... never received!!!!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Janetlea 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cameocowgal
New Community Member
Scam do not buy...
Login to Me Too

SwanGem
Contributor
Contributor
I finally got my boots! I actually love them! They look great, (love the color!) fit well, and look like they probably are pretty waterproof. Great boots for less then $30! It took about a month to get them though. I’d love to get a couple other pairs in other colors!
Login to Me Too

I love my boots. I bought 2x It took a very long time to get to me but they are very comfortable and definitely waterproof! I did eventually put an insole in my first pair as I wear them all the time. They do look a bit wonkie but I can see they are handmade. They are not elaborate but my toees can spread out. I am going to buy again.
Login to Me Too

Free-Fall
Contributor
Contributor

Seriously? They may be waterproof as they are made of vinyl, not leather as advertised. Handmade by children in Chinese sweatshops...

Got any photos of your boots?

Login to Me Too

Djean381
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered shoes on October 5th which to date I have not received. I have emailed them almost daily for updates. They told me to please wait patiently that they were very busy in shipping department. 🤣 I asked to cancel my order and they begged me to wait in several different emails. I kept asking for a refund. Then they asked to to please order something else from their many products.??? I again asked to have a refund and they sent me a phony tracking site saying they already shipped. It shows my order sitting in Fremont (nearby town) since the 28th. They already told me it hadn't shipped after that date. I checked the shipping company and according to Google, is used frequently for fake info from companies in China. With all these complaints you would think PayPal would not allow them on their site. DO NOT BUY FROM CC.CAREU!!!!!!!!!!
Login to Me Too

Lorac3
Contributor
Contributor

See my recent reply to Cindy.  This is so aggravating and enfuriating!!!!  I was the one who opened this topic in the first place.  I have yet to receive reimbursement.  It is clear that cs.careu is selling merchandise via several company names.  Major scam!!!!  So sorry you were also a victim.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.