CS.CAREU -- BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!!

Lorac3
Contributor
Contributor

Want to warn everyone who sees pretty boots or shoes advertised on FB not to fall into the same trap I did. CS.CAREU charged me over $60 for a pair of boots, which looked lovely in the photograph. What I got, WEEKS after the indicated delivery date, was a pair of ugly boots in an attempt to copy something of much higher quality made out of VINYL and stinking of same. Just don't do it!! I can see from previous posts complaining of the exact same thing that Paypal will not do anything. I already filed a complaint as I had not received my in the indicated time frame. Hearing what others have experienced, I'm guessing I'll have to pay the 30 euro or more to ship the boots back and then only hope the company will reimburse my money. NEVER AGAIN!!! It should have occurred to me, first of all, to look exactly where the product was coming from. Besides that, I imagine some poor soul is making these "handmade boots" for a mere pittance. I'm so ashamed and furious.

Login to Me Too
86 REPLIES 86

Armelle1
Contributor
Contributor

I received a pair of sandals that are super cheap with a sole that does not move and a toe opening so narrow that I can't put my toe through it. I paid a total of $26 for them. A total ripoff. The material it is made of is super cheap too.I think I could get the same type of shoes in a dollar store.

Login to Me Too

Jamone
Was it an add on FaceBook? What is the site that it takes you to? I ordered a phone case from them that I have not received. It’s been about a month. It won’t let me email them. But it was a add on Facebook and when I went to it, it took me to Heddeys site where I ordered the case. But the email payment confirmation from PayPal says the vendor email is cs.careu
Login to Me Too

cindyfran
Contributor
Contributor
There is no legal email address to contact cs.carou as given to me by PayPal. I sent an email to them using the email address given me by PayPal and it was not delivered. The product is inferior. The company is a scam. Beware. Do not buy from them. The shoes r cheap and were not packaged properly. Only in a plastic bag. When I cut into the sealed end of the bag w scissors I cut Into the shoe because it was stuck to the flap of the bag. Shoe is made of cheap plastic not rubber or leather and the sole does not even bend. It is like a piece of board w plastic sewn on it. Garbage.
Login to Me Too

Lorac3
Contributor
Contributor

I had a very similar experience.  The boots I received last March, which were beautiful in the photos in the advertisement on Facebook (Fayvio was the company name, but it turns out the mother company is cs.careu!) did not even remotely resemble those photos.  First of all, the boots took something like 9 weeks to arrive, which was why I opened a dispute with Paypal.  Because they then DID arrive, the dispute was null and void.  The boots were just as you described.  Came in a sticky plastic bag.  No shipping information included, no company information.  All markings on the bag were in Chinese. When I opened the bag, a strong smell of vinyl came from the boots.  They stank to high heaven.  They were made of cheap vinyl, ugly, not at all as depicted.  I tried communicating with the company and received no response.  I finally stuffed them back in the bag and returned them in the hopes of receiving reimbursement.  I have yet to receive anything.  This is why I opened this topic in the first place.  Obviously, cs.careu, or whoever he or she is, is selling merchandise over various names.  It's all a scam. Enfuriating and criminal!!  I have also ordered other clothing pieces via FB ads - all came from China, all inferior quality.  Just dispicable.  I've learned my lesson now.  Interesting that all of the models in their ads are caucasian! I am not in the least racist, but I do find that odd.  It also indicates to me that they are just taking photos of models wearing clothing or shoes, are copying the look and manufacturing the items cheaply.  I wonder if PayPal community is even reviewing any of these forums to check into these companies which are only cheating people so that they can then block them.  This is a huge problem!!!  Thanks, Cindy, and to all of  you who posted feedback and responses!

Login to Me Too

pshubble
New Community Member

Oh I wish I would have seen this before my purchase....

You have got to be kidding me! I paid $40.98 for shoes that aren't even worth a $1 at the dollar store, but now you want me to pay more than 1/2 of what i already spent to send them back to you. It is going to cost $23.50 for shipping to China when they came from California. I also take a chance they will never reach your address or that you will be honorable to refund my money if they do get there. I will cut my loses while I am ahead and I will just make sure that I let others know to never purchase anything from this company in the future.
I cannot believe Paypal will support dishonest sellers such as this one and allow them to rip off customers even more. They were dishonest in the beginning with their false product and more so now.
I AM SO DISAPPOINTED!

Login to Me Too

BusyMom603
Contributor
Contributor
I open ended a dispute with PayPal because I never received the shoes I ordered 6 weka ago. You can’t contact the company- email auto reply say the mailbox is full. I bet it is! I escalated my dispute with PayPal requesting a stop order and refund. From what I have read here it doesn’t look promising. I thought PayPal was to ensure fair trade practices.
Login to Me Too

dasher8394
New Community Member

Paypal is supposed to be safe and guarantees customers satisfaction. I was denied a refund for this **bleep** company from PayPal not once but twice. I will not use PayPal anymore for anything since they are probably getting major kickbacks from these overseas companies. Buyer beware!

Login to Me Too

sheilafardy
Contributor
Contributor

Received cheap plastic unwearable sandals from this crappy company.  $44.95 USD!  They basically just threatened me that sending them back will cost more than they cost.  I am ready to freaking fly to China to get my $45 USD back!  Because this is fraud.  They are not just a little unattractive, they are unwearable.  I will not let them get away with it. You can't fit your foot into the sandal and the strap on the back hangs out 3 inches.  I am an ordinary size 9.  And they smell like the dollar store.  Spread the word!

Login to Me Too

Armelle1
Contributor
Contributor

Same happened to me. I am also very angry.

Login to Me Too

ODAdam
Contributor
Contributor

Had the same situation and PayPal would not help.  Finally went to my CC and Soloman and SOloman provided me a ltter I took to CC company and that ultimately helpped get my money back.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.