COURIER AND EBAY STATE ITEM HAS BEEN DELIVERED BUT PAYPAL STILL RULE AGAINST ME

berniesandra41
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item on eBay that was delivered according to the courier and eBay. The buyer says he never received it but was also off sick when it was delivered. A work colleague could easily have taken it and not told the buyer. I screenshot the delivered picture on both the courier and eBay websites but PayPal has sided with the buyer. How can this be? The courier says it's delivered...how much more proof do you need? Usually they would get a signature but no courier is doing this at present due to the pandemic. Can we all now do this? Buy something and pretend it's not been delivered thus getting it for free because the sender cannot verify it during Covid because no signatures are being taken. I appealed it with PayPal but they still ruled against me stating I can't prove it's been delivered. So it's the courier who's lying not the buyer?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@berniesandra41 

Did you deliver to the buyers paypal registered address at the time of payment OR did you deliver to an alternate address ie work address?

If it was not his paypal registered address then you would not have seller protection for non receipt of item claims. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

berniesandra41
Contributor
Contributor
Address was his work but it is his official eBay address. He was even off sick when delivered and didn’t return until 5 days later but I still lost the case. Appeal was waste of time! Can I ask eBay to look at it even though he chose PayPal to open the case? Many thanks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.