cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONTACT THIS ATTORNEY IF YOUR MONEY WAS WITH HELD

Highlighted
Contributor

CONTACT THIS ATTORNEY IF YOUR MONEY WAS WITH HELD

My wife is an attorney and wants to investigate the possibility of filing a class action lawsuit against PayPal for the policies they claim allow them to hold your funds for 180 days ,  contact her at <removed>

2 REPLIES 2
Esteemed Advisor

Re: CONTACT THIS ATTORNEY IF YOUR MONEY WAS WITH HELD

@jr47 wrote:

My wife is an attorney and wants to investigate the possibility of filing a class action lawsuit against PayPal for the policies they claim allow them to hold your funds for 180 days ,  contact her at <removed>

They hold funds for 180 days because that is the time allowed generally for credit cards disputes to be filed by senders, so rather PayPal being kept holding the bag after you spirit away with your funds, you as a PayPal User who agreed to this when you signed up for a PayPal account are held liable for any chargebacks for that amount of time. If people would read the user agreement (not at the time of sign up) but do take the time to review it, could close their account at anytime if they don't like the terms. If your funds were held for 180 days, PayPal deemed your account a risky one for some reason and suspended it and no longer want to do business with you. I'm not dissing what you wife is doing, but this is the truth and reality of society trying to being the virtual world in line with the real world. Sincere good luck with the endeavor.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Contributor

Re: CONTACT THIS ATTORNEY IF YOUR MONEY WAS WITH HELD

is paypal removing the contact information for attorney <removed>