COGNIORA trap payment

Mr_Ester
Contributor
Contributor
hello everyone, has had anyone problems with this company called Cogniora (supplements)? they trick people into agreeing to a test kit for 3 euro but in reality one subscribes to a monthly payment of over 70 euro! there are over 150 people on trustpilot growing each day with the same issue: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/cogniora.com one wrote, that paypal already has taken actions to ban this shop off their list. I started a dispute, case got closed and now I can't do anything. i got the product, but send it back from germany to UK. what can I do? PayPal is trying all the time to take the money from my account, but I don't have it. and when I have it I take it back cause its my last one! should I call PayPal on phone? thanks if anyone feels concerned
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mr_Ester 

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mr_Ester
Contributor
Contributor
yes, everybody on trustpilot (150+ people) had a subscription, that's how they tricked them. I removed mine already and send the stuff back. but now I got an email from a PayPal lawyer, he wants another 65 euro added to the 70. what do I do, I should have called PayPal earlier by phone, right? thanks
Login to Me Too

lenino
Contributor
Contributor
The same thing happened to me too. I canceled the subscription I had no knowledge of the same day as they charged me. They said, it can't be refunded because it's a personalized order and was already manufactured and ready to be shipped. 2 months later I didn't receive anything. My PayPal dispute was cancelled by Paypal. This may be legal as they hide everything in their small print, but this being their business model really can't be right and shouldn't be allowed by PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Mr_Ester
Contributor
Contributor
hey sorry to hear, that's true, I finally talked to PayPal after they sent a lawyer on me, now as I showed cogniora my return ticket of the package as I got it, they said they gonna refund 70% (30% production costs). at least. but now the lawyer costs. said to PayPal, to secure such things. yes it was in super small letters and it was a trick! same as with mobile phone subscription, but the companies start to take action. now PayPal turn. how did it turn out for you? greetings from Berlin
Login to Me Too

lenino
Contributor
Contributor
Well I still haven't got anything from them yet, not sure if they actually sent it. I am trying with PayPal dispute again, maybe not having received anything is reason enough for PayPal. Did cogniora come at you with a lawyer? What did they tell you? Greets from Berlin too 🙂
Login to Me Too

Mr_Ester
Contributor
Contributor
ya hey cogniora first offered me 30% refund. one month later, after I wrote about the lawyer (from PayPal germany), and told them, that I send it back with proof, they said, they gonna refund 70%. yes they send it actually, I got also the test kit. in your case bit different, but my fault was not to call PayPal. just get to a employee via the Hotline. Best if you use the call function through your PayPal account, there you get a case number when you're logged in. that you tell the employee and so on.. können auch auf deutsch
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.