CMOLO scam company

Uinuke81
Contributor
Contributor

Avoid this scam company.  My experience is apparently like many others.  They market items from Facebook and ship cheap Chinese copies instead of the original item.  In my case, I ordered a Shimano Stradic Fishing Reel which is a higher end item.  The invoice is very clear what was ordered.  I received a cheap imitation that doesn’t even try to look liked the Shimano.  I found the same cheap reel on Amazon for <$10.  After going around several times, CMOLO agreed to a full refund as long as I ship the item back to China at my cost.  Upon investigation, the cost to ship to China is more than the original cost of the item so I’m apparently stuck with the item.  The money is not the issue rather the principle.  Obviously, this is a scam company and apparently from my research, PayPal is aware of this issue.  I purchase a lot of items online and unless I get some assurance from PayPal that this crap is going to end and they proactively police this type of fraudulent selling, I am done with PayPal.  There are other options.  Any thoughts from others?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

TP-57
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, buyers beware. I have been stung by purchasing from 3 Facebook Ads in one day and CMOLO CO., is one of them. CMOLO did respond through the PayPal message (which I appreciate) in reference to my claim and I did receive finally receive (took three weeks) the product Solar Pool Ionizer which was not at all as advertised and very over priced for 3 floating chlorine holders with quickly dissolving dime sized tablets.   I will keep product because I refuse to pay shipping back to China. Beware because the seller info provided is all fake, so you are unable to make direct contact with seller. I learned a lesson and will not buy from a Facebook AD EVER AGAIN! Note still waiting on a response from the other two companies I bought from-JINZHOU NETWORK-Floating Water Pad and GRANTIVE PTE LTD-closet caddy. Wondering if they will deliver and what it might be***I agree~what Is happening to proper business principles and etiquette!

Login to Me Too

Congerr
Contributor
Contributor
Cmolo add on FB links to a cloned shop of a company Madoath I bought an RC Tumbler for 59usd actually received aa toy tumbler which was posted to me from a post box in my town (Melbourne Australia) advised them I got the wrong thing and their reply was send it back to China for a refund! PayPal robots are absolutely useless in dealing with this issue. So many adds on FB are identical layout to the one that scammed me. Investigation reveals the link from the add bounces around 4 other companies !
Login to Me Too

Mary19731
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered from this company I saw on Facebook but I though using Pay Pal I would be ok. But I ordered a smokeless grill. It took three months to receive but I only receive a 15 x15 plastic they say is a barbecue net. Resolution at pay pay told me I need to file a police report. This company is getting over big time with pay pals help. No help to us being scammed
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.