CMOLO Co. is a Scam Site and PayPal Knows It

FlintStryker
Contributor
Contributor

Bottom line - CMOLO Co. is a Scam Site. Avoid them. Sadly, if you are reading this your have probably already been scammed, you've tried to get PayPal to help, and assistance has been denied. Welcome to the club.

My story...

I have a friend who I camp with quite a bit. We discuss gear regularly, and often share deals we've discovered. It's pretty common practice for us. A few days ago I got an email from him about a flash sale on Amok Hammocks. Only $54, including the hammock, bugnet and rain fly. Supplies were limited, as is typical for flash sales. These things usually go for $200-$400+, depending on accessories. As a DIY gear-maker myself, $54 seemed about right for materials alone. Maybe Amok was selling the hammocks to get them in circulation and increase sales - you know, the reason manufacturers have flash sales.

Well, the site looked legit. Descriptions and pictures were spot on. I placed an order. Then I went back to my friend's email, intending to reply back and thank him for the tip. That's when I noticed the signature line "Sent from my iPhone 10." He doesn't have an iPhone. In fact, he still owns and uses an old LG flip phone. That's when alarm bells went off. I checked the PayPal transaction details and saw that payment went to CMOLO. Looked them up and found this forum and now fully expect that I have been scammed. 

Yes, I contacted PayPal immediately. They rejected my initial claim. I'm still waiting on my goods to be delivered. I'll try again after I wait a couple of weeks to see if anything is actually delivered. I also checked with Amok. No flash sales on their end, but the were familiar with the CMOLO scam. Sigh.

Of course, I changed my PayPal password and security questions and other settings. And I finally signed up for 2FA authentication. My account is safe, but I'm out some cash. Too bad PayPal doesn't protect the buyer in these situations. 

Login to Me Too
122 REPLIES 122

MrBill28
Contributor
Contributor

In lawfraud is intentional deception to secure unfair or unlawful gain, or to deprive a victim of a legal right. Fraud can violate civil law (i.e., a fraud victim may sue the fraud perpetrator to avoid the fraud or recover monetary compensation), a criminal law (i.e., a fraud perpetrator may be prosecuted and imprisoned by governmental authorities), or it may cause no loss of money, property or legal right but still be an element of another civil or criminal wrong.[1] The purpose of fraud may be monetary gain or other benefits, for example by obtaining a passport, travel document, or driver's license, or mortgage fraud, where the perpetrator may attempt to qualify for a mortgage by way of false statements.

Login to Me Too

MrBill28
Contributor
Contributor

Someone need to get them with the RICO act. Any Lawyers out there?

Login to Me Too

mluft
Contributor
Contributor

if paypal didnt help do a chargeback over credit card or sepa direct debit, depends what is linked with your paypal account

Login to Me Too

Congerr
Contributor
Contributor
Spot on and the fact that PayPal is uncontactable in any way is a flag about their business ! I just put my problem in the hands of the ombudsman and the tax office as PayPal is aiding in tax avoidance !
Login to Me Too

Siccemwrx
Contributor
Contributor

Well I am making it Paypals issue as I am placing a bank dispute for the amount as they also took the funds out in one transaction I made later under "officeworks" without my knowledge.

So I have gathered all information to the dispute being denied and my parcel being held at the courier due to being a false return address, to which the parcel return address was a PO Box in sydeny but sent back to bloody <removed> as per Paypals dispute instructions.

So all in all I got NO HELP from paypal "Messenger chat" other than didging the situation, (screen shot printed and will be sent to bank as well as ombudsman) and no further reply to my "Messenger Chat" since they are hiding behind COVID-19 closing all points of being to call them.

So all in all CMOLO CO aka ASER.CO aka **bleep** **bleep**.CO can eat a festy **bleep**, same with paypal and their so called "Buyer Protection" toilet paper

Login to Me Too

Siccemwrx
Contributor
Contributor

Funny thing is Paypal closed my dispute and still all day today telling me the parcel is held with the courier, and now another saying the tracking number was invalid, hence why they closed my dispute, but oh hang on look up the tracking number copied and pasted from my dispute in the Australia Post tracking sight and ooo obviously invalid because it says Monday, 31 August, 1924 CN-523220, CHINA, yup must be invalid if I can get all those details from an Invalid tracking number.

I think the brains of the Paypal dispute department and the CEO are obviously INVALID!!!!! why I say that, hmm they allow a different name than CMOLO to ASER.CO but allow transactions.

Also they had someone call me chasing the bounced money that wouldnt process in my account before I found out about this whole fiasco, yet they blame COVID19 for not being to call me now or accept any incoming calls!!! hmm suspect me thinks

Login to Me Too

MrBill28
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue. Call PP and reopen case, their automated system is closing cases automatically because of the fraud load.[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/p>

Login to Me Too

Angrybird2
Contributor
Contributor

@MrBill28 Did you get your refund? the courier is still attempting to redeliver the items to the seller. 

Login to Me Too

MrBill28
Contributor
Contributor

Same here September 3, 2020, 3:32 pm
Held in Customs
GUANGZHOU, CHINA
Your item is being held in Customs at 3:32 pm on September 3, 2020 in GUANGZHOU, CHINA.

August 30, 2020, 2:28 pm
Processed through Facility
SHANGHAI, CHINA

I spoke with PP, and they said that if the item can't be delivered because of a fake address, I should get my refund. PP had closed the case in their favor saying I did not ship the item. I called up PP and cursed and swore at them. Apparently they have an automated system that closes the cases regardless of any action taken by you. Everyone needs to CALL PP! Don't let them get away with these scams!

Login to Me Too

GUYFRAZIER
Contributor
Contributor

The package will stay in customs as mine did because they don't want the junk product back. I was just notified today that PP will credit my account for full amt. 

For the person who had their case closed, if you had tracking on your package, PP can be forced to reopen the case and refund your money especially if you refer them to this entire thread.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.