Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMH Network Technology Co., Ltd.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

CMH Network Technology Co., Ltd.

If Pay Pal knows these companies are a scam ,  WHY ARE THEY ALLOWING the charges to go through  and then trying to contact the scammer companies  when there is a dispute. I blame pay pal and now I'm out the $ and shoes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: CMH Network Technology Co., Ltd.

@debcook7 

There are millions of companies and sellers that use paypal, paypal does not vet each and every one of them.

Yes there are bad ones but if they get a 1000 complaints BUT over 10,000 satisfied buyers then they are not going to get rid of them are they.

The idea is that they give you 'some' buyer protection and the rest is up to you to risk assess your transactions. 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

@debcook7 

There are millions of companies and sellers that use paypal, paypal does not vet each and every one of them.

Yes there are bad ones but if they get a 1000 complaints BUT over 10,000 satisfied buyers then they are not going to get rid of them are they.

The idea is that they give you 'some' buyer protection and the rest is up to you to risk assess your transactions. 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor

Agree with what you're saying but PayPal has some responsibility here.  With all of these complaints they should complete their own investigation and protect their customers, as well as bring it to the attention of the authorities.  Just because they have a resolution center doesn't mean they are protecting us.  This is outright fraud.  

Highlighted

You are full of it and you should be ashamed of yourself. PayPal may not vet sellers but they have a responsibility to remove them after there have been HUNDREDS of complaints. See the difference? Once PayPal became aware of the problem and didn’t remove the seller then they became complicit in the fraud.
Highlighted
Contributor

Agreed he has some posts that are awful. Not the facilitator of the transaction fault at all .............
Highlighted
Contributor

I tried to call the "customer service" number listed on their website "iuilive.com", which sells pet toys and products. They may operate other fraudulent websites as well.

The number they listed as customer service belongs to a legitimate company - ADT Security -- who was unaware their number was being used fraudulently.

PayPal is complicit if they continue to authorize transactions with this proven fraudulent company well after they became aware of the issue.

Is there an alternative to PayPal we can switch to instead?  At least we can switch to a PayPal alternative for some transactions. BOYCOTT PayPal? 

Highlighted
Contributor

Apples look at getting sued for facilitating a gift card scam where they rake in 30 percent of the cards being fraudulently used then lying to their customers saying they cant track the card once its spent denying customers refunds. What paypal is doing in a slightly different manner..... Raking in profits.......
Highlighted
Contributor

CMH Network Technology does not ship what is advertised, instead sends a much inferior product, and when i requested a return and refund the reply was:  "if you insist to return the item, you need to undertake the reshipment fee which will cost a lot, it is not worth to return, it is recommended that you keep the product."   A subsequent email from CMH said it would have to be shipped back to China and would undoubtedly get lost or smashed so there would be no credit.  THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD AND THE PUBLIC SHOULD BE WARNED.

Highlighted
Contributor

Whoever they are, they are preying on pet lovers. Another site called amazinglycat.com Has a very similar website, sells same products, and like iuilive.com it too has a phony customer service. Then I found another. If you see an ad with the same (cute) videos, similar products, and website, one easy way to tell if it's a fraud is by calling their customer service number. Also, change your PayPal password.
Highlighted

😠I, too, had this problem.  I paid $29 for a weighted, strapped windshield cover and received a piece of lightweight tarp with a couple of tiny magnets.  When I filed a complaint with PayPal, the company told me the same thing and offered me 10% of my purchase price but demanded that I return the item to CHINA with tracking, which would have cost $84.  PayPal was no help at all and denied my claim after a couple of weeks for non-action, despite the fact that I was emailing the company's Customer Service representative and told them all this.  So.  I'm out $29 and have a small piece of tarp that I can't even cover a hay bale with.  I am not a happy camper.