CMH Network Technology Co., Ltd.

debcook7
Contributor
Contributor

If Pay Pal knows these companies are a scam ,  WHY ARE THEY ALLOWING the charges to go through  and then trying to contact the scammer companies  when there is a dispute. I blame pay pal and now I'm out the $ and shoes.

Login to Me Too
79 REPLIES 79

Sassycat56
Contributor
Contributor
I guess we,the buyer, the consumer, the naive, the ones that fall for these scams need to be more careful and look for the obvious before buying online and using a pay service. There might be a buyer protection clause but it's really our responsibility to figure out whether we are being scammed, if it seems to good a price to be true, it is probably a scam. If your being offered something for free and you only have to pay shipping and handling for $4.95. Another scam. Nothing is FREE! I have been offered gifts when I only pay the S&H then a week later a charge of $108. from my bank acct. If I had read the very small print I would have seen that it said "if I don't notify the company before ten days to return the item they will charge me the $108. And I get to keep this FREE gift. The Scam is pretty much the same with many of them, they play on the fact that people like "Free Rewards" and we prove then right, we give these thieves an easy opportunity to steal our money. I personally have a hard time figuring out these scam websites and the real deal. I'm beginning to think I should stay away from these adds I see on internet, Facebook, ect. And offers that you only pay the S & H BEWARE PROBABLY A SCAM!!!!! Watch out for yourself when it comes to your money, PayPal ,Banks, ect. May help us get our back but again they may not...
Login to Me Too

KDems
Contributor
Contributor
I agree, however in this case, I find it pretty sad that PayPal has so many complaints about the same company, the same story and it provides no warning to consumers or further investigation into this company that’s been doing this well over a year. It’s not PayPal’s fault per say, but they have had plenty of time and information to put a stop to transferring money from hardworking consumers to a company they are full aware will rip that person off. To me, that’s pretty sad and it’s just not right to let something like this go on. Would it really cost PayPal much to provide a popup window when a consumer is about to make a purchase and transfer funds to a company they have over a dozen complaints about. That could prompt a window that says “buyer beware: we have received several complaints about XXXXXXX company. We recommend you review this thread on our user discussion board before making this purchase. Do you still wish to make this purchase?” In my opinion, this would be the very LEAST PayPal could do; start a policy like this, when a company is flagged for complaints over a certain number of times” . I still feel PayPal is turning their backs on a scam and letting people lose money while they gain. Will keep you posted on any further updates I have!
Login to Me Too

taeniatherum
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to call the "customer service" number listed on their website "iuilive.com", which sells pet toys and products. They may operate other fraudulent websites as well.

The number they listed as customer service belongs to a legitimate company - ADT Security -- who was unaware their number was being used fraudulently.

PayPal is complicit if they continue to authorize transactions with this proven fraudulent company well after they became aware of the issue.

Is there an alternative to PayPal we can switch to instead?  At least we can switch to a PayPal alternative for some transactions. BOYCOTT PayPal? 

Login to Me Too

SMC1134
Contributor
Contributor
Apples look at getting sued for facilitating a gift card scam where they rake in 30 percent of the cards being fraudulently used then lying to their customers saying they cant track the card once its spent denying customers refunds. What paypal is doing in a slightly different manner..... Raking in profits.......
Login to Me Too

PICKLES19
Contributor
Contributor

CMH Network Technology does not ship what is advertised, instead sends a much inferior product, and when i requested a return and refund the reply was:  "if you insist to return the item, you need to undertake the reshipment fee which will cost a lot, it is not worth to return, it is recommended that you keep the product."   A subsequent email from CMH said it would have to be shipped back to China and would undoubtedly get lost or smashed so there would be no credit.  THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD AND THE PUBLIC SHOULD BE WARNED.

Login to Me Too

taeniatherum
Contributor
Contributor
Whoever they are, they are preying on pet lovers. Another site called amazinglycat.com Has a very similar website, sells same products, and like iuilive.com it too has a phony customer service. Then I found another. If you see an ad with the same (cute) videos, similar products, and website, one easy way to tell if it's a fraud is by calling their customer service number. Also, change your PayPal password.
Login to Me Too

😠I, too, had this problem.  I paid $29 for a weighted, strapped windshield cover and received a piece of lightweight tarp with a couple of tiny magnets.  When I filed a complaint with PayPal, the company told me the same thing and offered me 10% of my purchase price but demanded that I return the item to CHINA with tracking, which would have cost $84.  PayPal was no help at all and denied my claim after a couple of weeks for non-action, despite the fact that I was emailing the company's Customer Service representative and told them all this.  So.  I'm out $29 and have a small piece of tarp that I can't even cover a hay bale with.  I am not a happy camper.

Login to Me Too

Shellyman
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is complicit in allowing this company to continue to cause harm to the American consumer.  I am trying to resolve an identical problem, but with different merchandise that totaled $81, from an order I placed back in January.  I escalated it to the Resolution Center, attaching all of the emails between me and CMH 'customer service', wrote in my complaint that there were other, similar incidents that I saw here in the Community, pointed out that there were multiple web addresses that I found CMH using (after trying to get back to the original site that I ordered from since I wanted to compare the picture to what I actually got), and finally received an email from PayPal 2 days ago that CMH offered to refund my full purchase price IF I send it back to China.  The USPS return shipping is around $78!  FYI:  I tried to negotiate with CMH and asked for 50% of the total refunded but the best offer they gave me was for $18 back.  One of the items I purchased was $40 and can't be used at all.  They suggested that I give it as a gift or donate it to charity which would have the added benefit of making me feel good.  I kid you not.....After reading through these posts I see that CMH knows that none of us are going to do the return shipping and they can just keep on doing this scam.  The posts that I'm seeing here regarding CMH seem to have just started in December 2019, about 6 months ago.  I can't find anything earlier but I'm wondering if PayPal pulled them so that it would be harder to make a case against them.  PayPal is either protecting them or they have yet to assign a human to this problem and just letting the computer algorithm handle it.   I'm in process of trying to get ahold of a human at PayPal.  I'm retired now so I can spend all the time I want on this.  Had it happened before I retired, I'd let it go and just consider it a lesson learned.  I'm thinking there are a lot more people with the same story out there, who just don't have the time to deal with this so never posted.  The thing is, PayPal is allowing the scam to continue, and that's a big deal.  I use PayPal instead of my regular credit card for online transactions because I felt that they'd back me up on legitimate complaints (as opposed to frivolous ones).  I'm not about to let this go.....   I've kept track of every step I'm going through to resolve this and plan to bring it to the attention of my state representatives and ask how I can get this investigated by the proper state or federal authorities.  I'm unable to copy and paste this series of posts, though.  Does anyone have a suggestion on how to do this?  I'll keep trying - maybe I'm just doing something wrong.  But in the meantime, please keep posting your experiences with this company.  With their slick marketing   they are bound to continue getting orders from unsuspecting shoppers, and without PayPal support, there's an awful lot of money that is going to be lost.  

Login to Me Too

Sirena54
Contributor
Contributor
I take screenshots when I can't copy and paste.
Login to Me Too

KDems
Contributor
Contributor
How are you with things now? I am out $300, since June of 2020. Same story.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.