CMH Network Technology Co., Ltd.

debcook7
Contributor
Contributor

If Pay Pal knows these companies are a scam ,  WHY ARE THEY ALLOWING the charges to go through  and then trying to contact the scammer companies  when there is a dispute. I blame pay pal and now I'm out the $ and shoes.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@debcook7 

There are millions of companies and sellers that use paypal, paypal does not vet each and every one of them.

Yes there are bad ones but if they get a 1000 complaints BUT over 10,000 satisfied buyers then they are not going to get rid of them are they.

The idea is that they give you 'some' buyer protection and the rest is up to you to risk assess your transactions. 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
79 REPLIES 79
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@debcook7 

There are millions of companies and sellers that use paypal, paypal does not vet each and every one of them.

Yes there are bad ones but if they get a 1000 complaints BUT over 10,000 satisfied buyers then they are not going to get rid of them are they.

The idea is that they give you 'some' buyer protection and the rest is up to you to risk assess your transactions. 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Shellyman
Contributor
Contributor

Agree with what you're saying but PayPal has some responsibility here.  With all of these complaints they should complete their own investigation and protect their customers, as well as bring it to the attention of the authorities.  Just because they have a resolution center doesn't mean they are protecting us.  This is outright fraud.  

Login to Me Too

Xavi10
Contributor
Contributor
A fraud in which Paypal also benefits.
Login to Me Too

Raider418
Contributor
Contributor
Agree. If Facebook and Twitter can give warnings, so can PayPal. Do it now!
Login to Me Too

KDems
Contributor
Contributor

So Interesting. I"m having an issue with this company that started in June 2020, and I'm out $300. This seller is clearly a scam, and I agree a company as reputable as PayPal should have more accountability there, especially considering the numerous complaints for this same company. I'm very disappointed in PayPal.  People, like myself see PayPay's name as an option to pay, and may chose that because there seems to some safety in it. I would have been better using my credit card. I will do what I can to avoid using PayPal going forward. 

Login to Me Too

Ttandymac
Contributor
Contributor
It seems this company is doing the same acam under 5 different names with approx 800 complaints to paypal. Yet Paypal is not acting on behalf of its customers quickly enough and ruining its own reputation for profit or implicit in the scam itself. We must act as consumers and stop paypals greed over safety of customers details. Identification and monies. Write to your financial ombudsman. Your senator, congressman or minister and lets make PayPal act or never use it again. Most of these companies paypal has known about for sometime and all end in electronic or technology. I am acting in the UK o have these URLs removed as paypal are failing us. I am also investigating paypals systems amd how they seem to be not taking the matter seriously and raising questions on how to stop Paypal trading if they fail to comply with the FSA in the UK. No company is to big to fail if we as individuals stand together to stop this. I have a law firm willing to look into this and crowd funding page.
Login to Me Too

holdenboy83
New Community Member
Well said if we don’t have buyer protection as stated in the agreement is the only reason I use PayPal then we are better off with out it
Login to Me Too

Sassycat56
Contributor
Contributor
Replying to KDems. I ordered from this company and became concerned with I did some checking and found a lot of complaints so I contacted PayPal. I never heard anything from the seller, no tracking number, no description of my order. I only saw that they were paid $68. Through PayPal .I complained to PayPal and told them I want to file a dispute and want my money returned. They said they would check with the seller and see what the problem was with my order. Please notify PayPal about your problem and don't be shy, insist that you want your money back. I did and now the seller has ten days to either make good on my order or PayPal will refund my money. I hope you get some satisfaction. Good luck. Let me know what happens. Sassycat56
Login to Me Too

Rick777
New Community Member
I ordered a Stihl battery powered chainsaw. I got a piece of chain with a handle on each end. After much back and forth with the seller who continued to claim they sent what I ordered, they agreed to refund my purchase. The catch was I had to ship it to Hong Kong which cost more the the refund.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.