CLAIMS

cherry250
Contributor
Contributor
Merchant gave Fraud Track No that had Another Address and Never Sent My Compact Dryer on 17 Mar - Libertypro.xyz - Vista CA - I live in FL - Never Responds - 2 - Emails - No Bus Tel Listed - Help?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PotpotHo
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @cherry250 Sorry to hear about what happened. Have you already open a dispute? And I suggest that you may contact the shipping courier and get any documentation from them stating that the tracking number provided to you by the merchant has a different address.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Wildgnome7
New Community Member
I opened an official dispute and made a claim. Can’t imagine they can keep the money from the transaction but PayPal has reached out to them. I suggest you do the same. Are you at least able to see if they shipped your product? I can’t even login to the account I created on their site and the forgot password function doesn’t work. I had an order number but can’t even check the status on their site because it’s tied to the account.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PotpotHo
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @cherry250 Sorry to hear about what happened. Have you already open a dispute? And I suggest that you may contact the shipping courier and get any documentation from them stating that the tracking number provided to you by the merchant has a different address.
Login to Me Too

Khatgirl
Contributor
Contributor

I had a similar problem from an order I placed with SuperGoodDeals.com on March 22, 2020. PayPal was of no help.  I had filed a claim in the resolution center on April 14th.  They tried contacting the seller several times.  Eventually they received a bogus tracking document from the post office.  It showed a tracking number and my city, state, and zip, but no actual street address on it.  But that was enough to satisfy PayPal, and they closed my case on May 11th.  I have been fighting for nearly 2 months now. The seller doesn't respond to chats, emails, or phone calls, yet still appears to be selling online during the pandemic. 

I contacted my postmaster who researched the tracking umber, and emailed me the actual document which shows where the shipment went (since this tracking number isn't even the one the seller initially emailed me, it may not have been my order at all).  I attempted to notify PayPal thru the resolution center, but they closed the case and won't get back to me.  I was able to email them through the "how did we do?" section.  And I sent them a direct email which included a copy of the tracking document from the postmaster, whose tracking number compares with the one they have, but clearly shows it wasn't shipped to my address (the invoice clearly shows my address for it to be shipped to). 

It has now been another 6 days and still no word from PayPal, and there is no way to call them these days.  But they have my money.

Login to Me Too

Royscout09
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, paypal sucks, how do they get away with this, we need to sue them, they're supposed to be keeping these transactions honest. It appears that giving us some bogus tracking # enables them to close our cases. This is fraud. Seriously I've been trying to get my case RE-opened for over two weeks and they haven't even responded.
Login to Me Too

cherry250
Contributor
Contributor

FRAUDULENT - CHINESE - MERCHANTS - OPERATING - ILLEGAL - BUSINESSES - IN - CALIFORNIA - NO BUS - TEL - LISTED - FRAUD - ZIP - CODE - U - CAN - SUE - HARVARD - LAWYERS - BEST - I WON - 2 - CASES - IN - LAS VEGAS - NEVADA - LAST - CENTURY - EASY - 2 - PROVE - THEY'RE - LYING - THAT'S - PERJURY - ($0 - $250,000 - MAX - FINE - MAX - IMPRISONMENT) - MINE - THEY - SAID - I - REFUSED - 2 - GIVE - THEM - ANY - TRACK - NO - I HAVE - WRITTEN - EVIDENCE - THEY - LIED - I ENTERED - MANY - TIMES - THE - TRACK - NO - PAYPAL - IS - DEFENDING - MERCHANTS - WHO - ONLY-  GAVE - THEM - (2.9%) - AND - ($0.30) - PER - ITEM - SOLD - BY - THEM - FOR - $25 - PAYPAL - GOT - $1.03 - WOW - SO - DEDICATED - BUT - BOTH - VIOLATED - AMENDMENT IV - THE - RIGHT - OF - PEOPLE - 2 B - SECURE - IN - THEIR - PERSONS - PREGNANCIES - IN - THEIR - HOUSES ... - VIOLATED - WHEN - U - DIDN'T - GET - REFUND - AFTER - SENDING - DAMAGED - ITEM - OR - NO - REFUND - FR - NOT - GETTING - ANYTHING - ROBBERY - AND - AMENDMENT VIII - THEY - GAVE - AS - PAYPAL - AND - MERCHANT - 'CRUEL - AND - UNUSUAL - PUNISHMENT' - U - WERE - ROBBED - AND - BOTH - SAID - U - HAVE - ITEM - THEY - MUST - PAY - 'SEARCH - AND - SEIZURE - WARRANT' - 2 - PROVE - NO - ITEM - RECEIVED - HERE - IT - GOES - REMEMBER - 'GOD - LOVE - U - MANY - LOVE - U - AND - JESUS - IS - LORD' - 4 - CHURCH - GOERS - SMILE - AND - GET - BETTER - BANKS - FOR - 0% - LIABILITY - NOT - BANK OF AMERICA - OR - WELLS FARGO BANK - HAVE - A - GREAT - DAY - EVERYBODY - HAPPY - 244TH - BIRTHDAY - USA - THANKS

Login to Me Too

JoseR4
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. I did not received my stuff, I filled a claim and paypal closed it because seller gave them a UPS tracking# but they didn't look at the details of that tracking# that said it was delivered to a city and state not a actual address and the weight of the item 2.30 lbs for 4 tires for my nissan truck, come on... that is called robbery and Paypal is allowing it. I've been robbed and looks like paypal wants us to be ok with it.
Login to Me Too

LawyerMom23
New Community Member

I am unfortunately in the same situation with PayPal.  Seller sent a tracking number showing only my city and state, no address and PayPal closed my case.  There is no way to get past the website with PayPal and there is no response from the seller beyond an email with my "tracking number".  I will not be using PayPal again as it is pretty obvious that scammers have free rein with no protections for consumers.  No wonder the seller wouldn't take a credit card, you can stop a payment and actually get a transaction reversed with a credit card but PayPal is not consumer friendly.  This has been an expensive lesson but one well learned. I will NEVER use PayPal again and will not purchase from retailers who use PayPal.  Unfortunate really as the service started out so well.  Now I need to go reset my accounts that pay through PayPal to other payment methods.  Thanks for letting me vent!

Login to Me Too

Monsoonie2000
Contributor
Contributor
  1. call them on 0800 3587911
  2. they’re very quick close cases in the sellers favor even with a bogus tracking number.
  3. they’re supposed to be a safe way of paying, but I’m going to try another way from now on.
  4. I’ve just had three cases closed in stalkers favor and the tracking numbers were fake.
  5. all coming from China, never received 2 and one was completely different to what I ordered.
  6. good luck
Login to Me Too

LawyerMom23
New Community Member

I've gone to the post office but PayPal doesn't seem to have a mechanism to reopen a claim and no one is minding the store during the pandemic! There is no one to call and no response from PayPal at all.  PayPal is allowing fraud to take place with their consent. The fraudsters know this and are having a very profitable relationship with PayPal. This is unacceptable and reputable merchants will stop using your services as people will no longer purchase using PayPal.  

It is sad that PayPal is allowing this and will soon be known as a site used primarily for fraudulent transactions. PayPal used to be reputable but no longer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.