CLAIM FOR TV BUDDY

JETMAIO
Contributor
Contributor

Early Feb. I ordered 3 tv buddy's from Strong Enterprise LLC and didn't receive them until April.  I sent them back for a refund as soon as I got them to the address on the envelope which was in Wayne, N.J.  I never received a refund from them so I opened a claim with Pay Pal and just today I was told my claim was denied as I didn't provide return information.  I still have the tracking paper and when I tracked it the items were received.  Now I try to contact help to chat with a live person and after 1.5 hrs. waiting I have given up.  What can I do to get my $93.00 back?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

BillSn
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem with TV Buddy and I paid with PayPal but did a dispute with AMEX.  After 2 months and after I threw away my tracking info they filed an appeal and now fighting to get my money back.  Do you still have all the mailing information in Wayne NJ? 

Thanking you in advance.

Login to Me Too

JETMAIO
Contributor
Contributor

I did place a claim in to PayPal but it was declined and I can't imagine why.  I then put a claim in to my credit card company and it is still being reviewed as of today.  I do still have my receipt but that didn't help me the first time around.  I am trying very hard now to make sure I don't order anything from China at all.  They are hiding behind US delivery addresses but don't accept returns there it seems.

Login to Me Too

NMCathy
New Community Member

Yes, I too ordered a TV Buddy that took over a month to receive and my TV said the format was unsupported. I called Strong's customer service number and was given the Wayne, NJ address to return it, which I did at my own expense.  When I didn't hear back from Strong I called their customer service number and gave them the tracking number. They checked and verified that it was delivered, and said I would get a refund.  When I didn't get a refund, I entered a dispute with Paypal, but even though I gave them the return information with the tracking number, they went back to Strong who now told Paypal that they would only give me a refund if I returned the item to Hong Kong. Paypal said they would only issue the refund if Strong told them they received the item in Hong Kong.  Since I already returned it to the Wayne NJ address, there is no way to respond to their request.  It is astounding to me that Paypal will only listen to what the company says even if the customer has proof of having returned the item.  I have provided dates of phone calls, and tracking information both for delivery and return, but it was all ignored by Paypal.  I am in despair that I have been scammed with no recourse.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.