CHINESE SCAMMERS EVERYWHERE

Poco1
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone know a legit Chinese seller? You had better believe PayPal knows the scammers. They get plenty of evidence everyday and choose to ignore. It has to be all about the money. By us, the buyer, getting scammed, PayPal makes all kinds of money.  BUYER BEWARE.

I have been researching some of the addresses and many of these scammers use the same address.

HAVE A LOOK

https://www.onlinethreatalerts.com/article/2020/6/9/is-charleneo-a-scam-see-the-review-of-the-online...

https://www.digitalcommerce360.com/2016/07/26/little-known-chinese-e-retailer-sells-550-million-over...

https://www.facebook.com/Hb-oswald-shop2-104119647957297/about/

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Poco1 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Poco1
Contributor
Contributor

What makes someone an esteemed adviser on here? kernowlass

Thanks for your advice BUT in my talks with PAYPAL employees, it's not as simple as you make it They tell me that as long as you see 100% guaranteed and money back if not satisfied, it should be safe to order. Of course that's BS, most of the scammers say that so will order. As far as showing addresses- it seems like most of them are the same or within a couple of square blocks in China- many of the same addresses are under different names- same owners I am sure BUT once one name gets recognized they simply change it. i will go one step further than 

kernowlass -IF IT'S CHINESE, DO NOT ORDER.

THERE IS PLENTY OF PROOF THAT PAYPAL KNOWS WHO THE CHINESE SCAMMERS ARE - AND PLENTY OF PROOF THEY DO NOT CARE.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Poco1 

Yep the info you had from paypal employees IF you really did is indeed false and BS as you state.

Which is why I spend my time on here telling folks to avoid those sort of purchases.

Paypal gives you 'some' buyer protection but its not a 100% coverall, you need to read up on it and then risk assess your own transactions.

And don't buy from the scammers I gave you in my above post.

As for you saying if its Chinese then don't buy, is that not what I was saying in my above post anyway?

Paypals new policy should sort out most of these scammers but it takes time to implement.

Up till now I could easily set up a website and add lots of fake pictures and then add paypal as a payment method to my website.

By the time i have taken a few thousand orders and scammed many buyers and the claims start rolling in to Paypal then if I am in China I can easily close that web site and start over with another one.

So not up to paypal to 'care' they are a business and give you 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection, but who you choose to purchase from is up to you.

As for who makes someone an esteemed advisor? You would find that out if you spend a while on here voluntarily giving advice and trying to save folks from being scammed before it happens. I have been doing so for about 10 years. So feel free to join in if you want to.

Who makes someone an esteemed advisor are the same people that made you a Contributor and not a 'new member'.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Poco1
Contributor
Contributor

It appears to me that a part of your "loyalty" to PAYPAL could be because you are not believing the many problems we contributors are having. As an Esteemed Advisor, you must read many of our issues showing the out right lies told by PAYPAL Customer Service. There is so much proof. It would be better if they just told us that we have been scammed- NOT BACK UP THE SCAMMER WITH LIES. Do their research, it is right there in front of them. THEN DROP THAT RETAILER. I understand it would be difficult to get every bad retailer, but a lot of them are being identified right on here. You know that very few scammed people complain - I would estimate far less than 10%.

And I am sorry but your statement - "So not up to paypal to 'care' they are a business and give you 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection, but who you choose to purchase from is up to you"- is a **bleep** poor business plan. Very few businesses would survive with a plan like that. I'm out of this discussion. Thanks for your response.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Poco1 

I have no loyalty to paypal, I give you the facts and how paypal works and what to avoid.

No part of that says that i agree with any of it. In fact I spend most of my time trying to save folks from common scams, so how many have you saved?

And your contributor ''rank'' is one down from an ''advisor'' rank so most posters on here are just ''members'' and may consider your ''contributor'' status as loyalty to paypal? So back to you really.

I do tell folks that they have been scammed, but they are scammed by the sellers that they have bought from not paypal.

Paypal does not tell you who to buy from, they just try 'if they can' to bail you out if a sale goes wrong.

And to be honest they are doing something about these China scammers, try reading the latest policy update? Or do you prefer to just rant about it?

If you had funded your paypal payment via a credit card and they turned you down as well (which is also happening for SNAD disputes), would you blame the credit card companies for allowing the sellers to use them as payment processors??? OR if you funded your payment via a bank account or debit card and had 0 protection anyway, would you then blame the bank for allowing that company to let you pay that way?

As i said paypal gives you 'some' buyer protection but you risk assess your own transactions, in other words take some responsibility yourself.

I was ripped of a few years back by Banggood, another Chinese website. I learnt by my mistake, moved on and didn't buy from them again. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.