CHICV INTERNATIONAL HOLDING LIMITED.

StraddieChris
New Community Member

After reading many complaints against this company, why can I not get my money back from PayPal? I am trying to avert a long drawn out issue of months waiting for my $300 ODD spent in this apparently dodgy company. And why do Paypal not vet the businesses they work with? Surely I am not the only person who sees Paypal and thinks "well that must be a legit company?"

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@StraddieChris

Paypal does not 'vet' companies anymore than your bank or credit card company 'vet' the companies that use their services.

Paypal give us a certain amount of buyer protection but the rest is up to us to risk assess our transactions.

Have you opened a dispute for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described?

If so have you escalated to a claim?

If the dispute was for the latter reason then have you enabled the 'return shipping on us' option in your paypal account in case you have to return it? (If available where you are)?

Lastly did you fund your paypal payment via a credit card? If so it 'may' be quicker to do a chargeback via your card issuer? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sher54purple
New Community Member

I am having the same issue.  Purchased in August 2018 and have no response.  Trying to get help from PayPal to get my money back!

Login to Me Too

CheckV
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal does not feel obliged to cut their ties with ChicV. The problem is that PayPal makes it very difficult to report conflicts with ChicV. And ChicV has designed their schemes in a way which makes it difficult to report them to PayPal. PayPal is very important to ChicV. Would it be possible for PayPal to design conflict resolution processes in a way which would make it more difficult for ChicV to disappoint their buyers? For example: PayPal could offer dispute categories to buyers which make it less difficult for buyers to open a dispute case. But would PayPal be interested to protect buyers in that way.

Login to Me Too

catlow14884
Contributor
Contributor
I think the lesson here is to not buy from companies based in China. It was going to cost as much to return my item as it cost, so chic v asked if I would just keep it and close the dispute and they would give me a 30%refund. I agreed and closed the dispute and guess what? Never heard from them again and got no refund. I’m chalking this one up to a lesson learned.
Login to Me Too

CheckV
Contributor
Contributor

You and I know that 🙂
But many other people find out too late that the seller is a fraudulent shop from China.

Login to Me Too

Jillpool
New Community Member
I haven't even received so much as a confirmation email from my purchase. Literally the only thing I received is the PayPal receipt with the bogus email that the account that received the money is attached to. This is **bleep** and I'm out $53 and have no way of finding out *any* information at all about my purchase. I hate this. If anyone has any contact information for me to contact the company, I dont even have *that*. I need help please.
Login to Me Too

MysteryShopper8
New Community Member

I received a confirmation when I ordered, but after a month, the response I got was "We are unable to provide an expected arrival time for your item(s)." 

Login to Me Too

babala13
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. Ordered 2 pair of boots for a total of $77.97 and can’t remember which of their mains websites I ordered from as I never received a confirmation. Getting nowhere emailing these websites.
Login to Me Too

miladjo
New Community Member

Same thing. Did not get anything delivered. AND they took out 99.00 instead of 34.00!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.