CDATE C-date refund drama. C-date refuses to give refund for 6 month premium membership contract

Michcomm
New Community Member

I made a huge mistake and accidentally paid C-Date £191.76 thinking I was only paying £7.99. It turned out i was paying 7.99 per week for 6 months , unfortunately the way the bill is created. They put the stipulated amounts up at the top of the screen when you looking for a total at the bottom of the screen. I have asked them for a refund but they won't give me one stating I have already used their premium Services even if it was for one day. I am going to raise a dispute with PayPal but wanted some advice from other that have duped in the same way. Anyone had the same experience, I'm sure!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Michcomm 

How about suggesting they give you a prorated refund instead of a full refund for the time you didn’t use and you redo your order for the $7.99 service. Then they can cancel that 6 month subscription. What is wrong with these people. Don’t they know how to retain customers? I can’t believe that the seller can’t resolve it this way. If they refuse, then dispute it is. The tricky thing is to dispute under what reason...item not received or Significantly not as described? Maybe just go to your card issuer to dispute since their terms are much broader than PayPal’s. It is better for you and the seller to resolve this than for PayPal or your card issuer to take control away from both parties and one party might not like the outcome. Explain this to the seller. Explain that you’re not trying to rip them off. Reason with them, make them see sense.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.