CB CO.,LTD

Temp20221021aa
New Community Member

Is this the same company as Yingling?  Just received my order of 3 light up talking pumpkins that dont light up or even talk.  Scammed out of $60 (about £46) and dont appear to be receiving any feedback from these scammers.

Login to Me Too
157 REPLIES 157

bjblackmore
Contributor
Contributor

@BeenRippedOff1 , @smifft @DL0 @KingKracken @PeteTheCat @hiku82 @candaceb1 @tmlockwood 
Today I managed to receive a full refund from PayPal! I'll help advise if I can. Open the dispute as 'Item received not as described'. Then upload the pictures from the shop where purchased/as advertised (see below), along with pictures of those you received! Include the functions & full details. This is my opening dispute:

"Item was described as talking animated pumpkin with a built in projector. Also should be 3 different faces. What arrived was a cheap plastic pumpkin with a flashing LED. It doesn't sing, and there's no projector inside."

Then they asked for more info, so I submitted more screenshots with the below:

"This is a scam. They advertised a pumpkin with a mini projector inside, that sings and shows a moving face, called a 'jabbering jack pumpkin'. What is sent is a cheap plastic static pumpkin that you can buy from dollar tree. I suspect others have raised cases against this same seller! This is the order. You can see what's advertised is nothing like what was sent." (sent a link to the order page)

Finally, on Monday I had to send a signed & dated document, saying what I said was true, and I would say it under penalty of perjury.PayPal Claim.png

Advertised Item.jpgAdvetisedItem2.jpg

Login to Me Too

Brauvura
Contributor
Contributor
I just received a full refund as well. Did about the same thing you did. It's great!
Login to Me Too

hiku82
Contributor
Contributor
I got my refund too 😄
Login to Me Too

EddieM41
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. Ordered via an Instagram ad. They said they were in the US, no indication it was some Chinese chop shop. Ordered, after a few days (should have been delivered already) received confirmation of order from <removed> I pushed for shipping info, promises no info. Finally it will come soon, then a few days later emailed again to receive an out of office reply.  I contacted Paypal and filed a dispute. They could not get in contact either. Below is the email assigned to the verified PayPal.com account. Finally paypal refunded my money.  It appears they are still active and all over the web. 

��Halloween Pre-Sale 50% OFF --Halloween Holographic Projection! - ��Ultra-Deluxe Edition (Projector +Halloween & Chris

<removed>

Login to Me Too

dgsailor
Contributor
Contributor

I fell for the same Halloween projector with screens scam - bought two. After a month of no replies to my emails I received a small plastic envelope with tracking info on it. Inside were two small plastic bags. No projectors, or screens. Have been going through with Paypal for two months - CB Co offered 60% refund - I have refused. No satisfaction from Paypal at this point.

Login to Me Too

hairball1946
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a formal complaint with ic3.gov and a dispute with the credit card company used to pay for what I didn't get.

IMO Paypal should have stopped processing all "purchases" once they had more than a couple complaints about the crooked seller, which was long before I bought something.

Login to Me Too

Pati6x
Contributor
Contributor
Trust me the fake company for this scam will keep offering you a percentage of your money back and the will offer a full refund if you send the product back to China with no guarantee of a refund. Why should we have to send it back to a company that scammed so many people and expect our money back. I submitted a IC3 form too.
Login to Me Too

sesexton
Contributor
Contributor

Is that what that was?? I got the same damn thing, but I had no idea where it came from or who sent it. Right in the bin.

Login to Me Too

smifft
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem. Those pumpkins are a scam. We are in the middle of a Paypal dispute, as well.

Login to Me Too

DL0
Contributor
Contributor
Today 10-21-20 Weds . I received a package from this company and it WAS NOT what I ordered. I purchased the 3 extra large sing pumpkins that were suppose to be 24 inches and what I got was 1-5 in ,1 -3 in and 1-1.5 in pumpkins that were purchased fro. The 99 cents store! I had originally cancelled the order but was told it was already on its way. That was on Sept 14. I thought that since this company went through PayPal that I wouldnt be Scammed . I was wrong.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.