Buying on COVEROU Website

chrisleschinsky
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I bought a bike on this website and have contacted the seller to see when I will receive it, it seems like they are in China, but I have yet to hear back. Has anybody bought from them? Any stories of success or scams? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Jerryc41
Contributor
Contributor

I received a notice today telling me that my claim was denied because the seller provided proof of delivery.  It didn't matter that the package was sent by Amazon, and that it went to a different name and address.  Apparently, all PayPal cares about is "proof of delivery."  It doesn't matter who sent the item or where it went.  There doesn't seem to be any way to communicate with PP except with a transaction number and by selecting a reason that they offer.

I just hope my CC company can give me credit.  I'm going to see if the New York State department of something or other can help.  Accepting a meaningless delivery notice is taking the easy way out.  I believe that credit card companies have an obligation to make sure a company is legitimate before they let it use their services.  By letting me charge something a particular company, they are telling me that the company meets their approval.

Login to Me Too

OleLev
Contributor
Contributor

Have the same problem . Bought a bicycle on  COVEROU Website. Got nothing. Today open internet and see that webside not exist anymore and people writing that its a SCAM. But they provided tracking number for PayPal with USPS and it's sais that item is delivered to my mail box. I have never got anything, plus bicycle would never feet to my little mail box for envelopes.  I contacted USPS, they cant searching items without knowing sizes, look of parcel and where from it's coming. I contacted PAyPal, they closed my case in Seller favor even seller had never responded, it's shows "delivered" - good buy. Pay pal suggested me to contact my bank. Im in loss and also why then I use Paypal if they are hopeless. Feel odd.

Login to Me Too

bowen2000
New Community Member

I didnt read all the postings, but had never had a scam like this one happen to me.

I ordered my item from the site, everything seemed normal, tracking number (USPS) given within a couple days, waited and watched it.  THEN, then it says delivered...but wait, no one ever stopped, no delivery, no package, nothing.

1. I call paypal to dispute the charge.  I'm told BY PAYPAL, sorry, it shows delivered and there is nothing they can do.

2. I call USPS that there is no delivery.  The take the tracking number and investigate.  I get a call back...sorry, they show it was dropped off and delivered.  Nothing they can do.

Here's the ONLY thing that saved me.  I have security cameras 24x7 (even ON my mailbox), ZERO DELIVERIES.  SO i contact USPS again, give them that little bit of info that I have zero videos of any deliveries.  So NOW they start asking more detailed questions, my street, house, porch, etc... thinking maybe driver stole it??  BAM!!  They found the truck number for the delivery, referenced my address with its GEO LOCATION (REMEMBER THAT) and it wasnt even close.  This frkn site gave me a bogus tracking number for another package BUT ENTERED MY ADDRESS into the USPS system.  Pretty sneaky.

I called back PayPal, gave them the USPS contact and approval to call them (BECAUSE THEY STILL DIDNT BELIEVE ME) and verified it was fraud.  Got my money back.  Most people would have just ate that...or not have video footage to review, or just not be persistent enough to fight these.  Stick with it people, and remember that GeoLocation with USPS, i would think UPS and FedEx have the same??  Good tool.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.