Buying from Reborn dolls shop

donna961
Contributor
Contributor
reborndollsshop Has anyone bought something from here and received their order?
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

karen139
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a doll from this same website. It's a SCAM! I ordered the end of October and just received it a few days ago. The doll I received is a cheap doll. Nothing like a real reborn doll that they claimed it was! PayPal has closed my case 3 times. They are refusing to help me out. I'm beyond furious!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @karen139,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear a recent transaction hasn't gone as planned. Was the dispute you filed an Item not Received or a Significantly not as Described dispute? If it was an INR dispute, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support and having the dispute changed over to a SNAD dispute. 

The easiest way to contact our Customer Support for this concern may be via Social Media through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. You can also reach them over the phone if you wish. 

My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

karen139
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. I wish I would have gotten that info sooner, maybe it would have helped! After calling multiple times (I've probably been on hold over 6 hours in total), I found out just today that they had been closing my case because they couldn't open the PDF that I sent with my evidence. It would have been GREAT if they had communicated that to me instead of just closing the case. (That is one major complaint I have, the lack of communication!!) After I sent the PDF again and made sure they received it, they closed the case within just a few hours IN MY FAVOR!! I am very happy about that, but I hope that PayPal will discontinue their partnership with this scam website so that this doesn't happen to others! I never would have purchased that doll if it wasn't for PayPal being a payment option.

Login to Me Too

karen139
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_JonK I wanted to tag you, since it didn't tag you above. Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

@karen139

I'm glad to hear we were able to find the case in your favor! That's awesome news, thank you for the update. My apologies again for any frustration this has caused. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with. 

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

DougU4
New Community Member

Hi Karen123,  Yes, this is a BLATANT SCAM and PayPal is actually siding with these FRAUDULENT CON ARTISTS. Pathetic...

My Daughter ordered three dolls for both of us to use for Christmas gifts from this sad excuse for a company.  She only received one doll even though the company "claimed" she got two.  She has had the same pathetic response from PayPal about getting a refund.   The "Thing' received could be used in a horror movie, it is scary looking, NOTHING like the website's pretty pictures and descriptions which also clearly claims to be based in the USA.

This "company/Scam-Operation" which is supposedly based in Inglewood, California, wants us to send the dolls back to some place in China, though it was advertised as being a legitimate US company.   They finally delivered just one "creation from Hades" to us many weeks late, yet has had no problem retaining the entire amount paid for all three dolls.  
     They gave us 8 days (eight days) to pack this "thing" up and get it shipped back yet closed the case on December 31.

Even IF we somehow agreed to keep "Miss Chuckie", they MUST refund the money for the other two.  This is blatant FRAUD! 

Login to Me Too

Maggiemay13
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same situation! PayPal customer service has been horrible. I have been hung up on several times. They closed my case backing the seller. Beyond mad with PayPal. They are crooks just as much as these sellers are!!!
Login to Me Too

karen139
Contributor
Contributor
@Maggiemay13 @DougU4 I kept sending PayPal a pdf with pictures and information. I found out (after about a month of fighting with them), that they couldn’t open my pdf, so they kept closing the case. They are seriously the worst at customer service. Once I found the root of the problem, I made sure that they could open it and look at the info I sent and they finally gave me a full refund. Keep fighting! Maybe try the tip above (from Jon) about making sure the dispute is Not as Described instead of a Not Received dispute. Good luck!
Login to Me Too

normalockoski
I ordered 2 different dolls and was sent 2 exactly the same. I ordered the silicone body, very good quality, but they refuse to take the doll they shipped wrong and send the correct doll. Offered me a discount on a future purchase. Why? So they can do it adain? NO THANKS!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.