Buying cryptocurrencies through PayPal

Christopher0948
Contributor
Contributor

Hey PayPal community

I'm Christopher <removed>

I have recently established a topic about trading PayPal currencies with cryptocurrencies, and I was told by one of the members that PayPal doesn't accept buying cryptocurrencies

When I've read much about it, I found this topic in Quora that's saying that you could buy bitcoin through PayPal through only localbitcoin.com

My business account is created only one week ago, and I've recently received 175$ as available funds from playerauctions.com business

My business account is pretty new, not verified in anyway
Now, If I wanted to start buying bitcoin as example from localbitcoin.com sellers, taking much considerable care of who's I'll buy the bitcoins from

Can you give me a nearly approximate possible clue to what's going to happen to the payment? and how should I deal if my payment gets hold? or my account gets hold?

Thank you a lot

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Jamie1107
Contributor
Contributor

I recently thought I would give cryptocurrency here on paypal a shot. Buy low sell high, is how you do it. The thing is once you sell paypal put your cryptocurrency sales on hold, for who knows how long. I contacted customer service probably 5 times, and none of them know what to do, I couple of them didn't even know what cryptocurrency is, or that Paypal had anything to do with it. Its been 11 days and my money is still in a hold, they told me to have the buyer verify they received the cryptocurrency, so then I asked her to verify that paypal received it. She went right into dumb mode, didn't know what to say..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.