Buyers don't need to provide evidence in disputes?

Znsheikh
New Community Member
Some background: I sold an iPad in Swappa with a keyboard case and after a week of using it the buyer is demanding a refund because the keyboard "is glitching." The problem is, what she's describing is just the keyboard powering on! It's a clear buyers remorse return. So i just got off the phone with PayPal and apparently buyers do not need evidence in disputes. If she says that its defective, then it is defective. The dispute was quickly decided on her favor. It's not a disaster (as long as she sends the item back as i sold it) but this is absolutely ridiculous. So a buyer can claim i sent them a box of rocks and they wouldn't even need to back it up??? I provided video evidence that what she is describing is not "glitching" but it's completely normal. Has anyone else heard about this ridiculous rule?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Znsheikh 

In the event of an item received but not as described its always one persons word against anothers.

You say you can provide video evidence but how would anyone know that that was the item you sent to the buyer and you didn't send a different one?

So yes paypal does tend to favour the buyer BUT the buyer has to return the item back to you trackable to prove delivery before you have to refund and at their own expense.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Znsheikh 

In the event of an item received but not as described its always one persons word against anothers.

You say you can provide video evidence but how would anyone know that that was the item you sent to the buyer and you didn't send a different one?

So yes paypal does tend to favour the buyer BUT the buyer has to return the item back to you trackable to prove delivery before you have to refund and at their own expense.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

StElmoQn
Contributor
Contributor
That is not true! I purchased an item which was different than described and overseas buyer made me return to them overseas only they left parcel unclaimed and it was returned to me 4 months later! PP dispute filed at time of return to Seller and they denied my claim in favor of Seller. Tried to reopen claim with PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE SHOWING CHINESE UNCLAIMED LABEL AND UNOPENED BOX RETURNED TO ME AND PP DENIES ME ASSISTANCE A SECOND TIME. THIS TELLS ME PP PROTECTION IS FARCICAL AND FRAUDULENT!!! I FOLLOWED ALL PROCEDURES AND RETURN POLICIES TO LETTER AND PP TRIES TO STICK IT UP MY ***!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.