Buyers claims item as not described...

sehuntopia
Contributor
Contributor
Hello. I haven’t been selling for long (almost half a year) & have had nothing but good experiences up until now. A buyer on Depop bought a shirt that had small patches of paint on it, & I showed the photos of the shirt in the listing and said it was “in decent condition” as it had paint (& also reflected in the price). Fast forward to 2 days ago when they received their package, & they left me 5 out of 5 stars not stating any problem they had with it. I even left a note in the package saying if they had any problems to please contact me upon reviewing the item. And just yesterday they randomly sent me a disrespectful & angry private message saying the shirt is “f****** littered with paint all over it.” I, of course, am taken aback by his words & tell him he needs to calm down. I told him I checked the shirt before sending it off & it is as described, the photos are there as proof + the listing. He continued to ignore me, lash out so I blocked him & reported him for his behavior (Depop doesn’t allow cussing or any of the sort & I personally wasn’t gonna have it). I already had a feeling he was going to file a PayPal dispute so I gathered up all the evidence I have in my case & waited for when he did. Later I get an email from paypal about the case. He passive aggressively told me what he said through private message, & I refuted all of his points. He wants a partial refund, I said I don’t do that. I listed the shirt properly & the pictures are proof, what more could you want? I offered him a full refund if he returns the item, & then replies saying that the shirt was too expensive (then why buy it in the first place?). To me it seems like he suddenly feels bad about buying it for a slightly high price & wants some of his money back. If the shirt was “littered in paint” as he claims he would’ve noticed that first thing when he opened the package & message me regarding it. He finally escalated to a “claim” & I have yet to reply. This is the first time this has ever happened to me, I have nothing but good reviews on Depop but I’m pretty nervous yet sure in my points. I even have picture of the shirt in other angles that show the small paint stains. I also have proof of his messages as I’ve screenshot them. Still I don’t know what to do. Should I just give him the partial refund to move on, or push it further/ stand by what I said & let paypal make the decision? I’ve heard Paypal sides with the buyer most of the time & that makes me anxious. I’m just wondering what would interest me best & not leave me in the dirt. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Edit; I decided to stand my ground and fight my way as well. Worst thing that could happen is give the partial refund to the rude buyer. Wish me luck!!
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

dilipkumarMishr
Contributor
Contributor
Please try again my account number and email address etc links
Login to Me Too

dilipkumarMishr
Contributor
Contributor
Please try again my account number and email address links
Login to Me Too

dilipkumarMishr
Contributor
Contributor
Please try again my account number and email address phone number etc link's
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.