Buyers claim rejected but item never received.

viyer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

As a buyer, what sort of protections do we have if the seller provides a tracking number (USPS) which says the package was delivered, but I never received the item?

I ordered an adult bike via a website called Jinn Ann which works with Shopify. I never got a tracking number when I contacted them for it (the email ID provided for contacting them was fake). I opened a dispute with PayPal on June 26th, 2020. On July 1st, the seller updated the transaction with the USPS tracking ID which claims that the item was delivered on June 30th itself. But I never got the item. Meanwhile, PayPal closed the case against my favor simply because the seller updated the transaction with a tracking ID? That seems so lame and open for abuse. Now, I cannot reopen a case for the same transaction because it has once closed against my favor, the USPS wont entertain me because they will claim that he item was 'delivered' as shown by the tracking ID and I am unable to get in touch with the seller. I am fairly certain this is some kind of s huge scam going on. Too bad I did not do my due diligence before buying on Jinn Ann or Shopify.

This brings me back to my original question, that as a buyer, what options do I have under the circumstances to get my refund?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.