Buyers beware of products from China/Malaysia

debses
Contributor
Contributor

I recently was attracted to an item offered on Facebook. It was a battery operated spinning mop. 

I did not realize when I placed the order that it would be from china/malaysia. I assumed I was ordering the product pictured but they are very crafty in their advertising. What I received for $19.99 was 4 microfiber pads that fit on the pictured mop. I did not realize that I had to click, click, click my way to the mop. Anyway I have attempted to return the pads but it would cost $14.99 to return to malaysia. I guess I will chalk this up to a lesson learned.  DO NOT ORDER FROM CHINA OR MALAYSIA OR ANY COUNTRY OVERSEAS.  If the deal looks too good to be true, it probably isn't. I will continue to comment on all advertising on Facebook that offer these fantastic deals. Facebook blocks people for political comments but allows merchants to deceive us daily.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@debses 

Facebook doesn't vet sellers.

Chinese/Asian Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.