Buyers Beware. Paypal either accepts scammer sales or doesn't care.

Penguinxxxxxxxx
Contributor
Contributor

This is in regards to the dispute I submitted to Paypal. The website I made the purchase thru was azhotdeal.net and it had paypal link to pay, so I made the **bleep** poor decision to trust that it was safe to deal with. My money some how was directed to Topsale llc whoever they are. Does paypal support such scams? I never received a thing from anyone though I am now $199 short. 

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

Swarch
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem! I just wrote to PayPal and said they are supporting this scam! I ordered a coffee table from <removed>. PayPal sent an email giving me a tracking number and date. The seller on this email is <removed>. The contact info was xxx.club. ITS BOGUS! The emails come back undeliverable! The tracking number said it was delivered. That’s an 86 pound box. I NEver GOT IT! I called UPS. They said the tracking number has a different name and address. I was able to get the address it was delivered to . The item delivered weighed 1.40 lbs. obviously not a coffee table, PayPal claimed they reached the seller and was told the coffee table was delivered so PAYPAL denied my claim! They could not have reached the seller because the email isBOGUS! PayPal lied! All they did was track the shipment and it said it was delivered. No one spoke to the seller!   I SPOKE TO UPS and found out where the tracking number went. I am out $147!

Login to Me Too

Spafa9
Contributor
Contributor
Me to same exact thing happened to me. I thought since I was ordering through PayPal it would be safe I am not 419 dollars in the hole and no lathe. I tried going back to the site gone and also tried emailing them which is undeliverable. The first tracking number was saying deliver before I had even ordered the item. Then I emailed them they changed the tracking number and then it has 2.1 pounds which is not the weight of a lathe. After that the email became undeliverable. I have tried contacting ups and they provided wrong information. Some how people are able to make these bogus tracking numbers and mark it as delivered. No longer will I use PayPal credit. So upset there goes that Christmas present.
Login to Me Too

Penguinxxxxxxxx
Contributor
Contributor
Went to the horses mouth yesterday. I now have a document from UPS I believe I might pass along to the Attorney General's office of the State of Ohio. It shows that the tracking number that Paypal accepts as "verification" that I received my purchase item is in fact a sham. That this tracking number is for a delivery whose "to" and "from" as well as weight can in no way be mistaken as verification of a delivery that never occured to me.
Login to Me Too

jsegar
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to get the same thing from UPS now. My wife received the same fake tracking info. I'm curious if the number you got is the same she got. it ends in 5669

Login to Me Too

Spafa9
Contributor
Contributor
No mine was 5933 I need to try and cal ups because I can’t submit a claim online.
Login to Me Too

heather1234567
New Community Member

anyone have luck in resolving this?? My 108 lb coffee table that was "confirmed" as delivered...shows it was 8 lb. of "software" on my tracking, soooooo frustrating!!!

Login to Me Too

Penguinxxxxxxxx
Contributor
Contributor
OK Ladies and Gentlemen, the scam seems to be this, the a-hole who was playing seller to me somehow was able to acquire a UPS tracking number that was for a delivery to my zip code but not to me. Because the package was less than 2.5 or so lbs. it then was passed on to the local post office fo final delivery. Because UPS tracking does not list on it's public tracking app the final destination of such a package, the scammer provides this bogus tracking number to Paypal and Paypal blithely accepts the tracking info on the UPS public site. Solution: Go to a UPS hub (or whoever delivered package); explain what your issue is (show them the info on Paypal's site) ; have them look up the tracking info; check the to: and from: as well as the weight of package; if it was handed off to a local post office for final delivery, get that tracking number also!; finally, pass all this on to the post office (mail fraud!) and your personal bank you use with paypal. Hope this helps everyone.
Login to Me Too

Slbone13
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same problem I contacted PayPal and it was finally resolved and this company has been banned from doing further sales on The PayPal site. It was a deal I found on bunk beds through azhotdeal.net and payment processed through pay pal with Flash Sale Llc. Do not give up keep contacting the dispute center. Also after contacting the dispute center they will send them a fake tracking number for a package call the carrier and find out where the package is more than likely you will find the address it was delivered to was undeliverable you will also find out that it wasn’t in your name to begin with. Mine was supposed to be a Bowery hill bunk bed. The tracking I received was for a 2.8 pound package. Needless to say I reported the package to ups and immediately called PayPal with this new information. The lady was then able to expedite my claim and issue a full refund. Don’t give up your money is not lost just have to take many steps to resolve the issue.
Login to Me Too

Spafa9
Contributor
Contributor
I put in a claim to ups and I aM waiting to hear back from them. Hopefully they can get me the documentation I need to go back to PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.