Buyer won’t close or respond to open (resolved) dispute

jdmansfield2281
Contributor
Contributor

I have a buyer who opened an item not received dispute. The book they purchased was ruined. I bought a new one to replace it. Had to wait for it to be delivered. Explained situation. Buyer agrees to wait. Then opens an item not received dispute while item is in route to them. Responded to message with tracking number, explaining it was on the way. Tracking shows item was recieved over a week ago. Buyer won’t respond to messages. Won’t close dispute.

What should I do? How long until the dispute is closed on its own? What happens if it is closed on its own? Do I loose my money?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jdmansfield2281

As long as you have added that tracking number to the dispute so Paypal can see the item was delivered then the dispute should be closed in your favour.

HOWEVER if its still at the 'dispute' stage and has not been escalated to a 'claim' then it will 'time out' in your favour 20 days after opening.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jdmansfield2281

As long as you have added that tracking number to the dispute so Paypal can see the item was delivered then the dispute should be closed in your favour.

HOWEVER if its still at the 'dispute' stage and has not been escalated to a 'claim' then it will 'time out' in your favour 20 days after opening.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.