Buyer won claim after two months? Anything I can do?

Isaiahfelixc
Contributor
Contributor

Hello community, after selling a fragile item on eBay and the item arriving in working order, the buyer has filed a claim that the shipment arrived broken almost two months later (Package arrived August 13th and he made a claim September 29th). I've sent evidence of proof to PayPal of: 1. The card still working 2. The buyer, in an eBay message, stating that he got about 4 days use of the card before it broke. 3. The buyer admitting he carried the fragile item in his backpack from the U.S to Thailand. Is there anything else I can do? I can't believe that PayPal would accept a claim almost two months later even with this amount of evidence. Thank you

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Isaiahfelixc
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry, it was in the title. If I never use PayPal again, is it fine if I leave my balance negative or will they automatically bill me?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Isaiahfelixc

Sorry missed that bit...duh.

If you leave your balance as negative then they will limit your account and if you don't pay the debt in xxx amount of time then they pass it on to a debt recovery firm to try and collect.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Isaiahfelixc
Contributor
Contributor
Awesome. I love PayPal.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Isaiahfelixc

I don't, I don't love any financial institution, they serve a purpose and thats it. Even credit card companies can be a pain.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Isaiahfelixc
Contributor
Contributor
If I send more proof is it possible they will change their minds? Or is the decision set in stone?
Login to Me Too

tg2019
Contributor
Contributor
@Isaiahfelixc How did this work for you? I just had paypal side with my buyer after 4 months for a SNAD claim. She clearly used it fine until last week when it stopped working. The item was sent to her in original packaging. I plan to appeal and possibly go to BBB to file a complaint.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.